MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Euro Cycle Las Vegas has this bike on Cycletrader and posted in several Craigslist ads. The ask is $34,995, but where are you going to find a better one?

I wonder if they have all the other bits that came with this bike? Can someone enlighten me on everything please?

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2005-Mv-Agusta-F4-Tambourini,-new-unregistered-5011151711

Their site has several bikes with single digit mileage, making me think they all, or at least some, came from the same collector.

John

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I wonder if they have all the other bits that came with this bike? Can someone enlighten me on everything please?
John

Maybe ask the seller???

They might not know it's #78, however.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
These are from the collection of the owner. He had a 2001 F4 on cycle trader also.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
He is too high on this one. $25,995

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2001-Mv-Agusta-F4-S-unregistered-16-original-miles-5011040505

2001 MV AGUSTA F4-S unregistered 16 original miles, From EuroCycle Owners' Personal Collection.This First-Generation F4 is new, never plated or registered for the street. All miles by Technicians as PDI and Service Miles. Stored indoors throughout its entire life, this was purchased originally by a collector, then sold to EuroCycle and stored indoors after a full Service by our Master Technicians.Showroom-new condition. Still bears original Italian license plate bracket, never registered or shown at any outdoor event.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe ask the seller???

They might not know it's #78, however.

I'm not a real buyer and wouldn't want to waste their time.

Why do you say it's #78? I looked at all the photos again, I don't see it? The engraved plate on the upper clamp isn't there.

What exactly came as part of buying a Tamburini? The engraved plate with the "No. XX of 300" also had the original purchaser's name, correct?

I think RG3 exhaust came in a box, with standard exhaust mounted on delivery. Seems like there were several other bits, but for some reason my pea brain is going blank.

John

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
To my knowledge, the Tambo's last 3 vin digits corresponded to it's edition. It's on the decal in one of the images.

Waste their time? And why not give a salesperson a chance to convince you that you can't live without an F4Tamburini? It would be good practice for him/her atthe very least.

I think the buyer had the option to have his name or anything else engraved on the plaque. Luckily most buyers didn't use that option.

Grip covers, carbon plaque and cert, paddock stand, ecu chip to go with the rg3, and other stuff I also can't remember.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bummer.. Cycletrader blocks EU access ...

Bummer.. Cycletrader blocks EU access ... -- GDPR it seems!

·
Administrator
18,813 Posts
I have sent a request to the selling dealer for information about the RG3s and chip, certificate, number plaque, cover, grip covers, etc.

We'll see what they have to say.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MV Arthur, thanks for the additional information. The other problem with calling them is that the salesperson might be the worst in history... and could easily convince me that my life would be sweeter, brighter, much longer, and complete with a Tamburini. :)

esq'z me, thanks for that. It seems curious they didn't mention any of those things in the add, or include photos of them.

John

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
and could easily convince me that my life would be sweeter, brighter, much longer, and complete with a Tamburini. :)

Didn't think anyone on this forum needed convincing of that lol

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Got a email from them. Looks like they also have a new never registered 2008 Ducati Desmosedici RR, 1994 Ducati 998S Final Edition, 1988 Ducati 851 Superbike Grey Frame, and 2018 Ducati Panigale R Final Edition.

·
Administrator
18,813 Posts
Well....after a couple of "we're looking in to this" messages.....crickets.

I don't think they have the plaque, certificate of authenticity, or anything else that should be with the Tambo. I don't think they have a clue about what is missing and the impact on value.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
I have never understood why people do not keep the limited(special) items with the limited bikes. I am even trying to collect Senna items that did not come with the bike.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well....after a couple of "we're looking in to this" messages.....crickets.

I don't think they have the plaque, certificate of authenticity, or anything else that should be with the Tambo. I don't think they have a clue about what is missing and the impact on value.

That's too bad, especially when we have a bike that was preserved for posterity. The original buyer knew how special it is and decided to make it a museum piece. As such, it really is a loss to not have all of what it came with too. The 2006 CC is much the same way. Ride and enjoy it for that, or conserve it and all of the accessories.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I was there last week and looked at the bike. I asked about the plaque and other items it should come with. They seemed pretty clueless about what it was supposed to have, but the sales guy did say there was a box of stuff that came with it. He had no idea what was in the box and didn't seem interested to find out. This bike came to them in the crate and had never been setup so the box of "stuff" probably contains the COA and plaque.

I know the plaques were not put on the bikes at the factory. They came in an envelope with all the other items. This way the new owner could have his name engraved on it if he chose to. I was also told they have a second Tambo in the crate from the same collector. They said the collector bought 2 of every bike he bought. So they also have 2 2008 Ducati Desmosedici RR's, 1994 Ducati 998S Final Edition's all new out of the crate bikes. You can go on their website and see what they are asking for them.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I was there last week and looked at the bike. I asked about the plaque and other items it should come with. They seemed pretty clueless about what it was supposed to have, but the sales guy did say there was a box of stuff that came with it. He had no idea what was in the box and didn't seem interested to find out. This bike came to them in the crate and had never been setup so the box of "stuff" probably contains the COA and plaque.

I know the plaques were not put on the bikes at the factory. They came in an envelope with all the other items. This way the new owner could have his name engraved on it if he chose to. I was also told they have a second Tambo in the crate from the same collector. They said the collector bought 2 of every bike he bought. So they also have 2 2008 Ducati Desmosedici RR's, 1994 Ducati 998S Final Edition's all new out of the crate bikes. You can go on their website and see what they are asking for them.

Thanks for the intel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts