MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and registered my MV last week and the DMV for Shelby Co. (Memphis metro area) didn't even have MV Agusta listed as a make. The lady had to call down to the records dept. and have them add the bike to the system. So, looks like the only MV I'll be seeing is the one I'm on.. NICE!..

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Same deal in my town, took about 50 minutes to get sorted (after the second trip). My tag ended up being only 40 bucks!, but on my renewal I had to pay 125, still pretty low if you ask me.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Interesting! Wonder if people list it under Cagiva there?
They wanted to list Cagiva since it was printed really big on the title and I told her that it needed to be MV Agusta as the model and F4 1000 as the make. I used the General motors/ cheverolet example.... I did not want it listed as Cagiva Mv Agusta F4 1000

·
Registered
776 Posts
Mine is listed as a 2008 312R MV AGUSAT :popcorn:

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
It is also alot of fun shopping for insurance. Most companies I called did not know what it was and had to call me back.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I went and registered my MV last week and the DMV for Shelby Co. (Memphis metro area) didn't even have MV Agusta listed as a make. The lady had to call down to the records dept. and have them add the bike to the system. So, looks like the only MV I'll be seeing is the one I'm on.. NICE!..
So you are the one......I used to be the only MV i knew of around Memphis, then moved here to Nashville. A couple of my friends said they saw one at Joe's bike nite a couple weeks ago......Was that you???? If that was you, then you should hook up with the guys I rode with for several years there. Mid South Sport Riders...MSSR....yep, the crazy ones that will put u in a ditch...well thats the rumors anyways. Really a good group of skilled riders, club has been a ama sanctioned club for over 20 years now, and has actual meetings and is very well organized. They do get kind of a bad rap because there is always some poser that shows up to the ride and thinks he has something to prove, they usually end up in the ditch and never come back. If you want to learn how to ride that beast, then check them out, or if you already know how to ride it, then check them out anyways and teach someone your skills. there website is www.midsouthsportriders.com

tell them lewis sent you...I still frequent their out of town trips, so maybe I will run into you.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yeah, I talked to some of the MSSR guys. Not sure if I'll be riding with them though. I like to ride alone..
I can understand that.....if you ever consider it, they are actually a very safe group. Usually ride is small groups...less than 10.

I tend to like small group rides....you can pick up speed a bit more, as I feel a certain extra level of safety if I get in trouble.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They've always offered it, but now they won't insure anyone who doesn't already have motorcycle insurance with them. So, I'm set for life, can always get motorcycle insurance through them, but you probably can't, because you don't already have it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
+1

My understanding is that there are exactly 2 MVs registered in Arkansas, including mine. They were a bit confused how to deal with the MV brand here also ....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts