MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have to say that I am still in shock from the telephone conversation I have just had with 'someone' at Emoto. I resorted to calling them as the rude email responses were just too much for me to take any longer.

The man I spoke to refused to give me his name, or his manager's name. Refused to give me any information of my tank pad which has not been received/sent. (two weeks for a susposedly in stock item) He then suggested that I cancelled my order because I would not just go away and except no answers as satisfactory.

I can honestly say I have never experienced anything quite like this in my life. I must admit I have read bad things about Emoto on this forum before. However I thought I would give them the benefit of doubt myself. What a mistake. I urge everyone never to even consider placing an order with this 'company', you will regret it. Furthermore I ask the admin of this site to question whether they wish to advertise this companies services.

I am of a particularly mild mannered placid nature, but trying to deal with Emoto has made my blood boil. I write this message not only to vent my spleen, but to save anyone else the trouble that goes hand in hand with this company.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
What sort of tank pad do you need? I have one of those imitation carbon fiber tank pads with the CRC logo on it I would be delighted to sell you.

It's probably not worth much. It has some guys signature on it. Tambur...something or other.

·
Registered
395 Posts
MHO, I always find it a little off that these new threads about eMoto always seem to be started by brand new member, who have just joined up and have no posts other than complaints about eMoto. Not to say that there's isn't a justification for a complaint and everyone's situation is unique, but it just seems odd to me.

I've used eMoto probably 5 times in the last year alone, and have never had any problems or issues, never had anything but great communication and service, and no problems with customs getting things into the US.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer CAG. But I've already ordered one elsewhere.

Ahhgooosta, I have made 10 posts of which 1 is about Emoto. A new member, I am, but less trustworthy because of this? If you have had good experience with them, I'm happy for you. Unfortunately, I have not. I only hope they never treat you like they have me. I am usually not one for complaining, trust me, I'm English after all ! But the way that 'gentleman' spoke to me today was totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
443 Posts
MHO, I always find it a little off that these new threads about eMoto always seem to be started by brand new member, ..........
Many, many, previous posts from disgruntled senior members............

Why would you expect them to start new threads about a company they no longer do business with ??????? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tom

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
What sort of tank pad do you need? I have one of those imitation carbon fiber tank pads with the CRC logo on it I would be delighted to sell you.

It's probably not worth much. It has some guys signature on it. Tambur...something or other.

I'd like that please mate. PM sent

·
Registered
626 Posts
MHO, I always find it a little off that these new threads about eMoto always seem to be started by brand new member, who have just joined up and have no posts other than complaints about eMoto. Not to say that there's isn't a justification for a complaint and everyone's situation is unique, but it just seems odd to me.

I've used eMoto probably 5 times in the last year alone, and have never had any problems or issues, never had anything but great communication and service, and no problems with customs getting things into the US.

I for one am glad for posts like the original post. It saves me heartache. And considering the high number of posts about this company, it should not matter if the thread starter has 1 post or 1000 posts, there must be some validity to it.

I have repeat customers that love to deal with me. I am also sure there are those that think less of me because of doing business with me.

The old saying goes "Ya cant please all the people, all the time"

BUT, when word of mouth gets around potential customers listen and business is affected.

What would seperate, in my mind at least, a good place to do business or a bad place is what the company does when not all goes well. Communication is a hard thing to do when you dont have good news, believe me I know. When there is good news, Im the first one to call my customer and tell them. Its human nature to avoid the painful or less-desirable interactions. Its too bad that this is where bad feelings start. If the communication between company and customer were up front and direct it would be much better.

It also seems in this particular companys case...eMoto...that they talk down to their customers and have a kind of superiority attitude. I have not personally experienced this. Party because of all the threads on this board, I have avoided this potential situation.

Now, in eMotos defense, not all customers are nice and plesant either! Some have less knowledge than others and when you are in business for a while and know your business and get asked what you may feel are stupid questions over and over, your responses may become a bit trite.

However, if you have a delay in providing a customer with a product you advertise for sale and in stock which you do not have in stock, then this is where the communication is vital part. If no communication is attempted then you get an upset customer. If at this point you talk to your customer like less of a person or are rude to them for being unsatisfied, then shame on the business or company.

Im sure it happens both ways, too bad it happens too much.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I for one am glad for posts like the original post. It saves me heartache. And considering the high number of posts about this company, it should not matter if the thread starter has 1 post or 1000 posts, there must be some validity to it.

My original point was to the fact that sometimes on the internet and on various forums, new people show up and start bashing certain companies, only to find out later they were from actually from a competing company, or had a particular grudge, etc. Certainly everyone has their own experiences with companies and I appreciate reading them here as much as everyone else. I've been warned off from doing business with some and have done the same, so I meant no offense to F4art.

But you're right that there are always two sides to everything and I have actually had good experiences with eMoto and wanted to voice that side, too. Though I will say that will all the bad publicity about them here, I do hold my breath a bit each time I order from them...

·
Administrator
20,349 Posts
I count myself fortunate to have had 2 excellent experiences with eMoto......you can have a bad experience with any company, and the internet is famous for being the forum of bad tidings

·
Registered
341 Posts
I agree, there is always two sides to a story, I have dealt with EMOTO on 3 occasions so far and have had no complaints. I am however in the middle of another negotiation with them that isn't going quite the same as the others. I will let you all know how it turns out, good or bad !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I must say my reason for posting this thread was two-fold.

Firstly, if I'm honest, just to get it off my chest. I simply could not believe the telephone conversation I had with emoto. It really was unbelievable.

I quote: 'Hi, I would just like to enquire about the status of my order (name given)' Emoto 'YOU'VE SENT US AN EMAIL, PLEASE AWAIT A REPLY' - 'Yes,I know, but I have not heard anything. That's why I'm calling, to find out the status' - 'AWAIT THE EMAIL REPLY' - 'But I'm talking to you, can you just tell me please' - 'NO, YOU'VE EMAILED US, YOU'LL GET AN EMAIL BACK' - 'ok can I take your name please' - 'NO, I REPRESENT EMOTO, THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW' - (Stunned silence) - 'can I take your manager's name then please' - 'NO' it goes on and on....... until he suggests I cancel the order.

Why would you not be prepared to give your name? It makes no sense.

Secondly, I wanted to warn others about what may be a bad experience for them. I wish I had taken heed of the advice from other members on this forum.

I too, run my own business, a Volvo garage of all things. I know, I know! ;-) And so I know the importance of customer service, and how you should conduct yourself. Sometimes customers do not help themselves in the way they go about things. However you learn to bite your tongue and do your best to resolve the situation in any case.

For what it is worth, I was nothing but polite to emoto - and I'm not a MV Agusta accessories shop in disguise either!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I must say my reason for posting this thread was two-fold.

Firstly, if I'm honest, just to get it off my chest. I simply could not believe the telephone conversation I had with emoto. .........!
You'd have no trouble believing it with a simple search on this forum. There are always the "I've never had a problem with Emoto" replies - but that doesn't make the complaints disappear ......until tempers flair then the threads do disappear. This doesn't mean anything other than a LOT of the members with complaints just become lurkers........

........ and then as a natural progression only new members post complaints :shitfan:.

Tom

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Is emoto the ONLY place to order parts from on this forum? I am not sure how sponsors and all that work for the forum thats why I ask. Pardon my n00bness. Are not there other retailers that sell MV parts as well like FBF, Spectrum etc etc?

·
Administrator
20,349 Posts
f4art,
I would write a letter to the owner of eMoto (if you can find his name) and describe that exchange....he (or she, I don't know) may not be aware they have such an inconsiderate boor working there...and if they are aware then I, too, would hesitate to ever use them again. That type of customer interaction is inexcusable and a conscientous business owner would take action to correct the problem.

just my $0.02 (worth even less today then yesterday).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Esq'z me,
I did think along the lines you suggest. However, there are no contact names anywhere on the emoto website. What a surprise! I suggest reading the 'About Us' section to anyone wanting a damn good laugh.

You could be right in thinking that the problem simply lies with one member of staff. Then again, the problem could be that there is only one member of staff!

btw - I also suggested that I could call down and collect the item (I live about 10 miles away), guess what, no collections - they are mail order only. Absolutely priceless isn't it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is emoto the ONLY place to order parts from on this forum? I am not sure how sponsors and all that work for the forum thats why I ask. Pardon my n00bness. Are not there other retailers that sell MV parts as well like FBF, Spectrum etc etc?
I would recommend Shift-Tech over eMoto for carbon fiber personally. Or go with Moto Corse for the best. As for the rest, I think there are several other retailers for parts of one kind or another; eMoto just seems to be one of the few that have a lot of different things in one place. So I guess it depends on what it is you're shopping for. Here's a few:

http://www.piratesk12site.net/MVPP.htm
http://www.shift-tech.com/shop/enter.html
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=97
http://www.motocorse.net/homeing.asp
http://www.motocorse.jp/
http://www.motowheels.com/index2.html
http://www.ferracci.com/

:f4:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts