MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, I noticed a slight "nudge" between 4th and 5th gear. I could almost feel like it was stuck in between those gears. Since then, I'm noticing it more and more as if there's a neutral gear there. Well, now it's confirmed. The other day as I was shifting into 5th, I released the clutch and there was nothing there. I was able to rev the engine several times as if it was in neutral. I pulled the clutch and shifted it into 5th.

The questions; what gives? It still under warranty so it's getting a scheduled visit to the dealer, cuz I ain't taking anything apart when it's for free.

Thank you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds to me like a spacer or a circlip has broken and one of those two gears is now able to disengage and slide on the shaft. It was a common problem in early Kawasakis and I have seen and felt what you are describing, Check your oil for metal or actual pieces of the clip or spacer.

Mark

·
Registered
90 Posts
The other things that I have seen that could be causing that are a really worn shift drum or a shift fork that is bent or has become disengaged from its pinning on the shaft.

Hope this helps

Mark

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I had this happen on my 910 from 5th to 6th. Went away after a couple thousand kms.... haven't had it happen in a while....

not as technical of a response as others, but that's what I got! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts