MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just not a fan of flat black on anything and I'm especially not a fan of black wheels.

My wheels are going to be painted, After much agonizing I've come down to two choices:

The factory MV silver from past wheels
or
Pearl white that matches the original paint.

I've made a couple of poor photochops to help you decide.

Give me your opinion between these two choices.

If you like the black wheels I understand and I apologize if I've offended you but we all have different taste so humor me for this experiment. :)

And please, if you think I'm an idiot for these choices I can live with that too but try to refrain from cluttering up the thread telling me so. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I like the white, but the silver is more universal/practical.

The silver would really work well with a silver frame?

I think white is the go - but may benefit from being broken up with a red rim sticker etc??

Enjoy

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would try to fit 2 different colors, you have many to choose from on your bike's skeme, try photoshop the white rear with a silver front or any of the colors of the bike, I always like the Fila style one wheel different from the other type. :naughty:
$.02!

·
Registered
249 Posts
White, but may overwhelm the front tire with the white fender. Now, if you were to go white with a carbon fender and maybe a carbon tail/pillion cover....that would break it up nicely :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I like the white.
Got to keep them clean though.
My bike is all white so I will go with black when I change the wheels this spring. Or maybe not?
Now you got me thinking.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Red?

The white is good but hard to clean. They are always dirty. I had a Ducati with white wheels. Great looking when clean but was always cleaning them. It was almost like they were chrome. Just a thought... that about RED???? Maybe the hub and snowflake spokes are red and the outer rib is polished exposed metal??? Think of the 02 Senna. After you deside I would like to here HOW your going to paint/power coat them. Prep, type pf paint, hardness and gloss.IMHO BobL.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The white is good but hard to clean. They are always dirty. I had a Ducati with white wheels. Great looking when clean but was always cleaning them. It was almost like they were chrome. Just a thought... that about RED???? Maybe the hub and snowflake spokes are red and the outer rib is polished exposed metal??? Think of the 02 Senna. After you deside I would like to here HOW your going to paint/power coat them. Prep, type pf paint, hardness and gloss.IMHO BobL.
Red and gold were both colors in the running but after careful consideration they've been eliminated. :shitfan:

To do the wheels I will have them bead blasted and then take them to a local paint shop that I've done business with before.
The paint is just standard PPG 2-stage automotive paint
I'm trying to find the paint code for the pearl white...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
white

·
Registered
229 Posts
Gold would have been my first choice for your color bike...
Silver second, maybe a slightly matted silver like the aluminum radiator guards and the frame.

Lexus/Toyota have a near perfect match to the MV Pearl white, it's been posted here before.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
white with pink stripes (it is a brutie)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of your opinions guys, I really do appreciate it. :highclap:

The wheels are in the paintshop now. I'll post pics when I get it back together

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts