MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried in vain to find this info using "search" but couldn't find anything. I want to replace my bars to lower more cafe style bars. I was considering clips ons but was threatened with excommunication from my buddies.

I have looked at Rizoma bars and Ducati SR bars but don't provide enough drop for my taste. I did find DMV Moto bars that will be perfect. (28mm x 3mm x 755mm)

My issue is I can't find a combination that will work. Most bars have a 28 MM diameter only. ARE OEM Brutale bars tapered? (28 MM to 22MM at the grips?) I can't get accurate measurements w/ my non metric tape measure.:cry: I'm assuming my OEM grips/throttle won't fit on a 28 MM bar. I know for a fact my custom grips are 7/8" (22MM). Looking at the Rizoma fitment guide...it seems to suggest stock bars are tapered. Thanks in advance for your confirmation.

http://www.dmvmoto.com/servlet/the-307/handlebar-motorcycle-handlebars-handle/Detail

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
bars?

Randy;
the stock Brutale bars are 27.90mm in the middle and 22.2mm on the ends

the rest of the tapered bars in the world are 1 1/8" x 7/8"(22.2mm)
Renthals, Pro Tapers et al

you're going to have to bore the center clamp to 28.6mm

yes, i just went down and pulled my bar to measure it and grabbed a new Pro Taper to measure it too

all your controls will fit any bar .....except Harley
:drummer:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for confirming Noel! Much appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts