MV Agusta Forum banner

Need some unbiased advise.

4K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  paulmac272 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I'm looking at selling my Brutale 750 and have my heart set on a brand new supersport bike. I have two 2 options, Daytona 675 or the MV F3. Both have their pros and cons.
My use is for weekend enjoyment in the mountains and country side. Track days are not high on my list, but is possible. It will NOT be used as a commuter. I consider myself an average rider that is improving with each ride. I'm in my late 40's and been riding for only a couple of years.
I'm after unbiased opinions on what bike you think would best suit.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Take a newer Brutale :)

#12 ·
Your coming to an MV site for unbiased advice about the F3? :)

Personally I would do the 675. The F3 is a great machine but it has way too many issues and rough edges at the moment. The new 2013 675R is a lot ligher and is an evolution on an already successful platform.

#17 ·
Good point. They did have a flawlessly working bike to start with while MV had a piece of blank paper. The new 675 has some pretty radical changes but from what I have read some of the changes were upgrades to existing working designs that they had lots of experience with. This is MV's first bike like this.

#21 · (Edited)
What's unbaised mean?

Never ceases to amaze me this forum, sometimes I actually need to check the logo to make sure I logged onto the correct forum. :wtf:

I did a review after I got mine:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47756&highlight=review

Disclaimer: I am baised as fuck and proud of it!

Stop Press:

You actually DID read that review and here are your thoughts:

To use a phrase from another automotive company, "I just want one".
Rover, here boy. Where's that dam dog gone.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
From viewpoint if you are torn between both and seeking the counsel of others to assist your decison - it really means you want neither. :jsm:

#22 ·
What's unbaised mean?

Never ceases to amaze me this forum, sometimes I actually need to check the logo to make sure I logged onto the correct forum. :wtf:

I did a review after I got mine:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47756&highlight=review

Disclaimer: I am baised as fuck and proud of it!
Great review!

As for bias. If you truly love a bike you should be objective about it. Knowing it's strengths and weaknesses is important to everyone as a rider. Otherwise your just a groupie defending your purchasing decision and one day will be faced with one of those shortcomings that you pretend not to see. Hopefully not skidding on the tarmac on your backside.

It's really good to see some objective criticism on an MV site. Hopefully the factory is paying attention to some of this. The F3 could become a super awesome model with just a bit of constructive criticism. :)

#31 ·
At the end of the day Paul, take the thing for a ride before you buy, if they won't let you, it's a head/heart decision man.
You can also listen to those on the forum who have ridden both, or those who wish they have.
Good luck man, I hope you make the right (F3) decision.

#35 ·
Hey guys. I'm looking at selling my Brutale 750 and have my heart set on a brand new supersport bike. I have two 2 options, Daytona 675 or the MV F3. Both have their pros and cons.
My use is for weekend enjoyment in the mountains and country side. Track days are not high on my list, but is possible. It will NOT be used as a commuter. I consider myself an average rider that is improving with each ride. I'm in my late 40's and been riding for only a couple of years.
I'm after unbiased opinions on what bike you think would best suit.
Thanks.
Obviously the Triumph is a no-brainer
after 10 years of owning MV's, I am happy to have finally washed my hands of them haha, leave the hassles to all the new comers.

You will still get a 2011/2012 Daytona in the showrooms at greatly reduced prices as well as the all new bling 2013 model.

Some have mentioned the 2013 model looks 10 years old???? Im sure it will not perform that way and will have every bit success as the F3 apart from the constant hassles of the F3

Having owned 3 MV Agusta F4's from 2003 - 2012 I would fully recommend you purchase the Daytona, a stunning bike without the hassles that come with owning MV.

your choice, remember some make a living from this forum, you will be seen as a potential future customer for some if you purchase the F3, so guess what advise you will be given.

lol.

#42 ·
your choice, remember some make a living from this forum, you will be seen as a potential future customer for some if you purchase the F3, so guess what advise you will be given.
Good point. Some people have a vested financial interest in new MV owners. To not expect some kind of this bias even subconsciously would not be realistic.

When taking advice sometimes you have to look at the intentions of the ones giving the advice and their underlying motivations.

#36 · (Edited)
Ok,your call,I have a brutale 1078 ,I have a street triple 675,they are mine,my mate mick has the 675 daytone,we swap all the time ,now i have spent shit loads of dollars on my Mv,I have spent exactly 0 dollars on the triumph, great straight out of the box,The Daytona, mick has spent 0 dollars on it and has great styling and power.Would i trade my mv for the Daytona ,the answer is no,But that is me.Would i go out and buy the f3,no way in the world,I have spent ages on my bike to get it to my liking.And i will be honest I would not do it again,the f3 is just to young,with to many bugs. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY IT IS YOUR MONEY,AND WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART.

CHEERS EDDY

#37 ·
Hi Paul

Golden opportunity to test ride them both this Saturday at Nerang - let us know what you think after you've had a ride on both.

The decision is obviously yours and I'm sure you will enjoy either.

Not having ridden either of them I can't provide a valid response.

You could always consider a good second hand F4 (very well looked after) I happen to know someone who.....nah just joshin :naughty:

#38 ·
Golden opportunity to test ride them both this Saturday at Nerang - let us know what you think after you've had a ride on both.
Steve, I did hear about this today, hoping work doesn't get in the way on Saturday. It would be good to ride both bikes back to back.

I took the F3 for a test ride a little over a month ago and loved it. I also did a Triumph ride day at Mt Cotton Driver Training Facility last weekend. I had the base model D675 for 20 mins on a closed road circuit with lots of twists and turns, thoroughly enjoyed it as well. It didn't have the rawness or presence that the F3 has but it felt a lot more refined. Not sure what the difference in the R model would make as I've never ridden one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#43 ·
Hi Paul,
Whatever you choose ,happy motoring. The only piece of advice I would give is to keep your 750 for a while if financially able. You might well find as I did, after riding something else for a while you come to realise just how good the little 750s are and end up thankfull you didn`t sell it. The grass is always greener kind of thing. All the best with your choice and I`ll mention your bike to a few folks down this way .
Cus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.