MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm looking at selling my Brutale 750 and have my heart set on a brand new supersport bike. I have two 2 options, Daytona 675 or the MV F3. Both have their pros and cons.
My use is for weekend enjoyment in the mountains and country side. Track days are not high on my list, but is possible. It will NOT be used as a commuter. I consider myself an average rider that is improving with each ride. I'm in my late 40's and been riding for only a couple of years.
I'm after unbiased opinions on what bike you think would best suit.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Take a newer Brutale :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had the D675R and loved it - I prefer the older model with underseat exhaust (better looking in my opinion), you maybe able to pick up a great deal on brand new older shaped model

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
daytona 675 ,unless you want to risk it with the f3,the 675 is a great bike with no issues ,your call

cheers eddy

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Bike purchases like buying art should be with your heart..

The Trumpet will probably be a better everyday bike, but will you be happy when you come to park it next to a blinged up F3...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The Trumpet will probably be a better everyday bike, but will you be happy when you come to park it next to a blinged up F3...

Or any F3 for that matter.
I don't mind the Triumph, but even the new one looks 10yrs old.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Hey guys. I'm looking at selling my Brutale 750 and have my heart set on a brand new supersport bike. I have two 2 options, Daytona 675 or the MV F3. Both have their pros and cons.
My use is for weekend enjoyment in the mountains and country side. Track days are not high on my list, but is possible. It will NOT be used as a commuter. I consider myself an average rider that is improving with each ride. I'm in my late 40's and been riding for only a couple of years.
I'm after unbiased opinions on what bike you think would best suit.
Thanks.
Your coming to an MV site for unbiased advice about the F3? :)

Personally I would do the 675. The F3 is a great machine but it has way too many issues and rough edges at the moment. The new 2013 675R is a lot ligher and is an evolution on an already successful platform.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
My thoughts exactly, fast forward a couple of years and my decision would be a lot easier.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Absolutely. The F3 has impressed me already with some of the new people that it's brought to the brand that never would have considered an F4. That's a good thing.

Give them a few years to perfect the design and it's going to be a great machine. But then again Triumph see's the new guy on their tail so the 675 is going to make some massive improvements as well. Competition is a good thing in this case and the customer ends up winning.

As for the styling of the 675 if I'm honest I think it's prettier. The F3's curves and shapes looks a bit GSXR to me especially with the open part of the side panels and the busy curves on the tank. I have nothing against Japanese Sport Bikes (I have two of them myself) but if I am buying an Italian bike I want it to look like one.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hang on, isn't the Triumph 'all new'? Potentially could have some teething problems too. Just saying. To be honest, if I was buying new again now I would be very tempted by the 675R. I would still buy the F3 though.:)

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Hang on, isn't the Triumph 'all new'? Potentially could have some teething problems too. Just saying. To be honest, if I was buying new again now I would be very tempted by the 675R. I would still buy the F3 though.:)
Good point. They did have a flawlessly working bike to start with while MV had a piece of blank paper. The new 675 has some pretty radical changes but from what I have read some of the changes were upgrades to existing working designs that they had lots of experience with. This is MV's first bike like this.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow there seems to be a heap of people here who would buy a Triumph over an MV (go figure) - After looking at the Triumph and the F3 I picked the MV. Its better than I expected, and I would make the same choice again in a heartbeat

·
Registered
614 Posts
Good point. They did have a flawlessly working bike to start with while MV had a piece of blank paper.
You're fking kidding right?

Anyhoo - having owned both the Triumph and now an F3 I would say it depends how you want to feel and how you want the bike to feel.

Triumph 675R (don't consider the base model) - sounds good, comes with great name brand suspension, and is a flexible and relatively forgiving supersport bike. For the weekend hills the engines added flexibility will pay dividends and allow you to be fast and smooth without having to overload the brain with gear changes and minute throttle movements leaving you a little more room for indecision. This bike will flatter an average rider. The airbox induction roar with a slip on is amazing and will make you smile.

F3 - If you want to feel like a racer on a hard chassis'd bike with a gearbox you need to pedal through, then this is the bike for you. The bikes character is raw, harsh and animal (think angry italian supermodel) like. Not an easy bike to get the most out of as the rider needs to work hard but incredibly satisfying to ride. This will exhaust an average rider. The engine sound is awesome from the riders seat, who knows what it sounds like with an exhaust, cos you can't fecking buy one.

My decision will always be towards the F3 because I like bikes that demand your attention to get the best.

But ultimately the Triumph is better suited to the road, the F3 to the track.

My 5 cents (inflation).

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
You're fking kidding right?

Anyhoo - having owned both the Triumph and now an F3 I would say it depends how you want to feel and how you want the bike to feel.

Triumph 675R (don't consider the base model) - sounds good, comes with great name brand suspension, and is a flexible and relatively forgiving supersport bike. For the weekend hills the engines added flexibility will pay dividends and allow you to be fast and smooth without having to overload the brain with gear changes and minute throttle movements leaving you a little more room for indecision. This bike will flatter an average rider.

F3 - If you want to feel like a racer on a hard chassis'd bike with a gearbox you need to pedal through, then this is the bike for you. The bikes character is raw, harsh and animal (think angry italian supermodel) like. Not an easy bike to get the most out of as the rider needs to work hard but incredibly satisfying to ride. This will exhaust an average rider.

My decision will always be towards the F3 because I like bikes that demand your attention to get the best.

But ultimately the Triumph is better suited to the road, the F3 to the track.

My 5 cents (inflation).
I was quite serious. No need to resort to misspelled profanity. :)

I agree the F3 is more fun because of the "aggressiveness" and the Triumph's smooth as silk feel is good for not being distracting.

What would really be interesting is to see what they were like on the track together. The F4 also shares some of it's aggressiveness with the F3 (they are brothers anyway). If you have seen some of the head to head articles where the F4 has been featured one of the things that usually makes it the slowest bike is that aggressive feel. Many of the test riders are used to Japanese machines and don't want to wreck the test bikes and the lap times tend to come out slower. I have seen many depressing articles where the F4 comes out dead last. :/

1 - 20 of 44 Posts