MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a European 2018 Brutale.

We have LED indicators, rated 3,2 V and 2,08 W.

Now all aftermarket indicators are rated 12V.

I tested so many resistors from 5 to 33 Ohms - no one works as the voltage gets too low.

Now my idea is to get a US spec relay (or switch, whatever you call it). US indicators are rated 12 V and 6 W, what can get me solve the problem with standard aftermarket indicators and resistors.

Has anybody a pic of it, how many wires are in that relay?
It is located under the right radiator fairing.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help

Jochen

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot.

MV seems to have changed the indicator thing to a very complicated design on EC Euro 4 models.
The relay now has 12 wires and some dealers say there is now way to install aftermarket 12 V indicators.
They say that the relay communicates over CAN bus with the dash.

It seems nobody found a solution on that yet.
May be a US spec Euro4 relay would fit......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure I understand what you are trying to do here. Are you wanting to replace our LED indicators with incandescent globes of 12V rating or are you replacing your LED indicators with aftermarked LED indicators?
If I can take a punt that it is the latter I suspect what you may be doing is putting the resistor in series with the indicator. If that is the case no wonder you're having problems. The resistor must be wired in parallel with the indicator to increase the current draw. I fitted Barracuda 'idea' LED to my TVL as I broke one rear indicator and have been waiting for 6 months for a replacement. In order to get the right flash rate I installed a 150 ohm resistor in parallel. I can tell you more but as mentioned above I don't really understand your issue.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
868 Posts
Not sure I understand what you are trying to do here. Are you wanting to replace our LED indicators with incandescent globes of 12V rating or are you replacing your LED indicators with aftermarked LED indicators?
If I can take a punt that it is the latter I suspect what you may be doing is putting the resistor in series with the indicator. If that is the case no wonder you're having problems. The resistor must be wired in parallel with the indicator to increase the current draw. I fitted Barracuda 'idea' LED to my TVL as I broke one rear indicator and have been waiting for 6 months for a replacement. In order to get the right flash rate I installed a 150 ohm resistor in parallel. I can tell you more but as mentioned above I don't really understand your issue.
Made multiple tries on my TV : the LED Flash unit can't be replaced (non standard one) and will be hyperflashing with any indicator consuming less than 2.1W. Any LED indicator consuming more than this will be fine as per my own experience. And if the indicator doesn't consume that, you may add a resistor to make the trick. But there is LED indicator options on the market consuming more than 2.1W, and those don't require any resistor in addition... That being said, on Brutale and others, you may want to change the front indicators as well (not sure the 2.1W treeshold still work for 4 indicators).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts