MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres tons of posts on this site about correct way to install a new hub, but I have a few questions on doing it. Do i need to remove the 55mm nut on the tire side or can i just remove the sprocket side? Inside the swingarm housing is there any sort of prepping that needs to be done? Those are the first questions I have, but ill probably have more through out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right but looking at the new hub assembly theres no ribbed piece that short in length.

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
Right but looking at the new hub assembly theres no ribbed piece that short in length.
OK,let's get this right,we are not looking at a hub but an axle.
Like I said before the wheel side inner bearing race and spacer is still on the axle.

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts
@DeanRR: What Mitch is saying Dean, is that part of the old bearing is still on the axle in the first picture...so is the spacer from inside the hub. That shows total destruction of the ball bearing. Those two pieces are contained within the new hub.

Your new axle should be one diameter and clean.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I apologize, I was over complicating it, on another note, I am told there is a spacer between my hub and my sprocket, I have tried looking for pictures of it because when taking my old hub off everything was in pieces. Would either of you happen to be able to help describe or point me in the right direction?

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts
The Shop Manual is your friend!

Dean, I highly recommend downloading the manuals from the top of the maintenance section. Donsy and others went to great lengths to make these readily available for no cost. They are invaluable.

F4 Hub Exploded.jpg

F4 Hub spacer.jpg

F4 Axle Exploded.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did finally figure that out, I have downloaded the manuals but they always appeared grainy for some reason and the only clear image I could find for the spacer had the neck and was for the Y10+ models I believe. Its also sleep deprivation as I've been at this for around 8 hours. I know it shouldn't take that long but the previous over had a lot of issues with torque specs... I'm surprised my swing arm/I survived.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts