MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was riding the Mv, and it made a sound from the exhaust and then started running funny. So I pull over the see, I guessing the mid pipe glowing red hot.. I'm not sure what caused it or what not. So I cut the bike off to let it cool down thinking maybe it had ran hot from traffic. When I cut it back on it still ran funny as if something popped inside. I need help trying to figure out the cause. Is it the mid pipe that went bad or something more internal? It was glowing hot right below the right rear set. I added a picture of the area.. Its right below the rear set where it was glowing red hot..

Attachments

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
I would check to make sure nothing is blocking the exhaust from the inside. Remoive the exhaust and shake each piece around to hear for something rattling around.

That is really a guess.... maybe it needs tuning?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
If the bike is running on 3 cylinders due to an exhaust valve not seating all the way then you can be getting raw fuel in the cat. Just my guess. Good lock.

·
Super Moderator
21,773 Posts
Ok, you don't say what model, but that looks like th Catalytic Converter (the expanded section of pipe). If that is plugged or plugging,it will cause erratic operation and it will get extremely hot. Catalytic Converters can fail and when they do they can exhibit the symptoms you list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts