MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Lee Longden, I am the Warranty & Technical Manager for MotoGB, The UK Importer for MV Agusta.

I would like to inform you all that I can help with all your F3 technical questions, from the Fuel Mapping, Clutch Cush Drive Rubbers, Battery Removal etc.

If you need any information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Lee Longden
MV Agusta Technical Support

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not really technical, but could you tell me if there is a tail tidy and adjustable clutch lever available for the F3 yet or in the pipeline?

Regards

Rik

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Rik,

Yes there is a Tail Tidy available for the F3. It is currently in stock at MotoGB. Unfortunately, MotoGB can only supply spare parts to the Trade but I can inform the retail price is £115.00 + VAT.

There is a MV Corse Foldable Clutch Lever in Black available but currently on back order with MV Agusta with a Retail price of £215.00 + VAT.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Lee

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Lee
Could you let me know:
1. What is the size of the rear wheel axle nut? I have a 55mm socket, but not sure if it would fit, as I am still waiting for my bike to be delivered.
2. Are the parts diagrams available to public, so that folks who do their own maintenance can easily look up the parts numbers needed, before placing order with the dealer?
3. Not sure about UK, but in US the petrol comes pre-mixed with ethanol, which is known to expand plastic fuel tanks over a period of time. Do you think the F3 could have similar issues since it also has a plastic tank?
4. What is the diameter of the fork tubes (non Ohlins), at the very top around the preload adjuster?

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Lee....welcome to our family. Your presence will be most appreciated, I am sure.

Hope the crowds don't overwhelm you.

One quick question from me.....what will the diagnostic software/hardware be??

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would like to know if the bottom triple clamp has a hole so a pitbull front stand Can be used?
When I looked at the bike at the Seattle International Show, it appeared that the steering stem WAS hollow on the bottom. I couldn't get a pair of calipers in there to measure, though. I also have a Pit Bull front stand for my Ninja and would like it to do double duty. Hopefully we can adapt it. I'm also going to try to adapt the Pit Bull rear stand. I measured the rear axle ID at 1.665 in (approx. 42 mm).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Lee
Could you let me know:
1. What is the size of the rear wheel axle nut? I have a 55mm socket, but not sure if it would fit, as I am still waiting for my bike to be delivered.
2. Are the parts diagrams available to public, so that folks who do their own maintenance can easily look up the parts numbers needed, before placing order with the dealer?
3. Not sure about UK, but in US the petrol comes pre-mixed with ethanol, which is known to expand plastic fuel tanks over a period of time. Do you think the F3 could have similar issues since it also has a plastic tank?
4. What is the diameter of the fork tubes (non Ohlins), at the very top around the preload adjuster?

Hello,

Please see below the answers to your request:-

1) The rear axle nut is a Bi-Hex 55mm Socket. As long as your socket is a Bi-Hex then it should fit.
2) Unfortunately, at the moment the parts epc is only available to the trade. However, I will see if I can obtain a copy in Excel format.
3) I went to MV Agusta on the F3 Technical Training course earlier this year and met up with the Importer for the US market. He mentioned the issue with high ethanol experienced on the F4 Y10 and Brutale 920/990/1090 and the expanding of plastic. As far as I am aware, MV have realised this issue and had hopefully modified the tanks for that market. However, I will check and let you know the outcome.
4) I will check the Pre-load adjuster measurement tomorrow when I'm back in the workshop, do you require the measurement for aftermarket pre-load adjusters or for clip-ons?

Regards

Lee

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to know if the bottom triple clamp has a hole so a pitbull front stand Can be used?

Hello,

I will measure/check the bottom yoke for use with a pitbull front stand. However, the MV Agusta Corse front stand is a cup that fits under the bottom yoke which is the same as all previous F4/B4.

Regards

Lee

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lee....welcome to our family. Your presence will be most appreciated, I am sure.

Hope the crowds don't overwhelm you.

One quick question from me.....what will the diagnostic software/hardware be??

Hello,

It is a pleasure to join the family and assist all your needs. I do apologise if I do not reply during working hours quickly as MotoGB are the sole importers for six manufactures with myself handling every warranty claim and technical request.

In reference to your request, the sofeware used for the F3 is the TEXA Navigator TXB with IDC4 software. This is only a main dealer tool and will not be available to the retail customer I'm sorry.

Best Regards

Lee

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Welcome on board Lee..

Hey Lee..

Good to see on here mate and let me say on behalf of the forum, welcome, it's much appreciated that you have joined.

I think it an honour to have an MV professional amongst our ranks. Your extensive knowledge will no doubt be called upon in the months/years to come and though I know how busy you are, any advice or pearls of wisdom you can throw our way will be gratefully received.

However, if the OCD from the forum gets too much for you, let me know a I’ll send you my spare garden shovel. ;)

Speak to you soon
John

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome. You are a valuable addition to the MotoGB staff for sure.

Who is your counterpart in the United States?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ciao and welcome to mv agusta a question ...... you have an online racing for f3 with the DB killer and how much it costs and thank you my email or [email protected] [email protected]

Ciao, At the moment, there is no racing exhaust silencer kit available from MV Agusta. There is the front pipes available but no DB Killer.

However, I beleive Arrow have produced a Ti exhaust system that will be available shortley.

I will look into this and let you know what is/isn't available.

Best Regards

Lee

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hello,

Please see below the answers to your request:-

1) The rear axle nut is a Bi-Hex 55mm Socket. As long as your socket is a Bi-Hex then it should fit.
2) Unfortunately, at the moment the parts epc is only available to the trade. However, I will see if I can obtain a copy in Excel format.
3) I went to MV Agusta on the F3 Technical Training course earlier this year and met up with the Importer for the US market. He mentioned the issue with high ethanol experienced on the F4 Y10 and Brutale 920/990/1090 and the expanding of plastic. As far as I am aware, MV have realised this issue and had hopefully modified the tanks for that market. However, I will check and let you know the outcome.
4) I will check the Pre-load adjuster measurement tomorrow when I'm back in the workshop, do you require the measurement for aftermarket pre-load adjusters or for clip-ons?

Regards

Lee
Thanks Lee. for (4), I need the measurement for aftermarket clipons. The MV spec sheet says something like 43mm, but its isn't very clear. So I just want to make sure that I am reading it correctly.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Hello,

It is a pleasure to join the family and assist all your needs. I do apologise if I do not reply during working hours quickly as MotoGB are the sole importers for six manufactures with myself handling every warranty claim and technical request.

In reference to your request, the sofeware used for the F3 is the TEXA Navigator TXB with IDC4 software. This is only a main dealer tool and will not be available to the retail customer I'm sorry.

Best Regards

Lee

http://www.blythequipmentshop.co.uk/shop/article_0012/Navigator-TXB-and-IDC4-Software.html?shop_param=cid=8&aid=0012&

1 - 20 of 100 Posts