MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 brutale 750 and the turn signals are pretty much falling right off. Wondering if anyone has any good aftermarket ones they used that were relatively easy to put on. I live in the U.S.A.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The last set I fitted were these: Turn Signals - specifically the mo.blaze pin. Very discreet but great performance. You will need to fit resistors in line or fit an LED compatible flasher relay. Spendy at USD45 each but worth it for German-built quality IMHO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last set I fitted were these: Turn Signals - specifically the mo.blaze pin. Very discreet but great performance. You will need to fit resistors in line or fit an LED compatible flasher relay. Spendy at USD45 each but worth it for German-built quality IMHO.
Will those work for the front too? I’m sort of a noob when it comes to electrical

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I fitted the nice snall Rizoma ones. Lovely. Bright at night, but small during the day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will those work for the front too? I’m sort of a noob when it comes to electrical
Yes. I fitted them front and back. The work on my Tiger was to solder the factory connectors off the old turn signals to the LEDs and mount them. Then replace the factory flasher relay in the nose cone with an aftermarket LED compatible relay. That’s because the factory relay uses a bimetallic strip that bends as the current flow heats up the strip. It bends because the two metals have different coefficients of expansion due to heat. That breaks the contact and the strip relaxes as it cools - re-making the contact. And so it flashes.

The problem is that the LEDs draw so little current that the relay won’t work properly - flashing too fast typically - because the strip doesn't heat up enough to stay bent for long.

An LED relay uses electronics to time the flash interval. Some are adjustable.

Some bikes (e.g. my Duc S4RS) don’t have a separate relay, it’s built into the instrument circuit board. In these cases I fitted resistors in parallel with each of the rear signals. Those add enough load to make the factory relay flash correctly. I got them from superbrightleds.com

I don’t know what your Brutale has, but if it’s like my F4 - there is a separate relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
5,488 Posts
The Melotti LED indicators have built in resistors,no need for extra wiring etc.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You don't need resistors anyway. Just use an LED blinker relay. I never understand why people persist with resistors when a simple plug and play solution is available that doesn't require bastardising your wiring harness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I'm not sure if these are exactly the same as mine. I got mine from Design Corse. They look very similar and are quite small.
Did you need a conversion kit for yours? I was looking at rizomas and a lot of people said to make sure you purchase the conversion kit to make them fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You don't need resistors anyway. Just use an LED blinker relay. I never understand why people persist with resistors when a simple plug and play solution is available that doesn't require bastardising your wiring harness.
Agree with LED compatible relay as the default solution. Unfortunately some bikes don't have a separate relay - my Ducati S4RS has it built into the instrument circuit board and I wasn't about to touch that! I've also read on other boards that those LED relays are not compatible with the CANBUS on some makes e.g. BMW. So resistors are sometimes the only alternative.

·
Vendor
5,488 Posts
Probably because most people don't know there is such a thing Glen.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts