MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
’m back in NorCal and looking to get my 1956 MV Agusta 175 running. Who might be able to help me with advice and parts?
Also any vintage events coming up?
FAEA6AC5-25A2-49C2-9D54-D96187715F92.jpeg

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr, 2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848
124 Posts
woooow !!!!
wish I could help, good luck and show as your work

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
MV Agusta 175 CS OHC motorcycles
Mv Agusta Moto Epoca

Try these on facebook.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,200 Posts
Looks a lot like Art's 125.
IMG_3344.jpg

I learned a great deal about the older MV singles when I overhauled his engine and electrical system. Easy to work on, but there are NO service manuals. Also discovered the parts catalogs are not always exact. I would look at several different manuals to confirm information.
Bearings and seals for the engine are readily available, but by using bearing numbers and seal dimensions, not MV part numbers.
eBay Italy is a good source for parts, and the original clutch plate manufacturer still offers OEM clutch plates. Seat covers and such are easy to fine.
Barber Vintage Festival at the Barber Museum first weekend of October.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
What parts do you think you need? Engine is obviously apart but the rest looks quite complete. And what advice are you looking for?
Having built 3 of these engines, and with yours all apart I would recommend you do all the best things for it; crank rebuild w/upgraded bearing, modern piston (which could mean a resleeve), and electronic ignition. Doesn't seem like much but always takes longer than you'd expect. I also recommend those FaceBook groups mentioned for help and parts.
I'm also in NorCal. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts