MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I purchased my B3 brand new from a dealership. My understanding is that it should've come with an eccentric hub spanner, a battery charger, too, for that matter, but my bike came with neither of them.

This is my first bike with SSSA, and need an assistance in buying the correct spanner for chain adjustment.

Are there different sizes, or different kinds of spanner for this application?

I would like to buy the correct spanner on the first try, and would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Call your dealer and tell them to give you one. If they refuse, call MV and MV will tell your dealer to give you one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Did you look in your tool kit that came with the bike? That`s where they are located.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you look in your tool kit that came with the bike? That`s where they are located.
The "tool kit" that I received with the bike comprised of one allen wrench under the seat.

Pretty sure I didn't see any spanner anywhere.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Spanner?

TheoR;

they should have supplied the entire tool kit with the bike

try member CAG

or Ebay "MV Agusta tool kit"

there are some on there now

:popcorn:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Overall, I've had really good experience with sales and service from the dealership that I purchased my Brutale from, so I'm thinking it was a fluke that the dealership forgot to give me the tool box. Anyways, I bought my bike from a dealership that's supposedly very reputable, called Pro Italia in Glendale, CA.

I might call up the dealership, or just order up the spanner off the internet, now that I know what I'm looking for.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Theo, Noel's referring to a tool kit which was supplied to the older models, I seriously doubt you'd get anything like that, so if you can get one of the "older" kits in complete form, I'd go for it.
Pro-Italia is ex forum sponsor and they've always done a good job, I cant see that would have changed, pretty sure they'll come to the part if you contact them.
Please add you bike model to your signature or the registry - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=138458

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
?

here's one now BIN

item # 400787086337

$65.47 off a 2012

free shipping

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
As stated, there is no “tool kit” as such. Its two very small Allen wrenches and a fuse puller affixed to the underside of the passenger seat. Along with a chain adjusting tool, handle and battery tender you should also have received an owner’s manual, thumb drive with electronic version of the manual, maybe some stickers and a letter thanking you for you purchase. (At least that’s what I got with my F3 675.)

From the owner’s manual.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As stated, there is no “tool kit” as such. Its two very small Allen wrenches and a fuse puller affixed to the underside of the passenger seat. Along with a chain adjusting tool, handle and battery tender you should also have received an owner’s manual, thumb drive with electronic version of the manual, maybe some stickers and a letter thanking you for you purchase. (At least that’s what I got with my F3 675.)

From the owner’s manual.

Of all the things that I should've received, it appears that I did not receive the hub spanner, and according to the forum members here, a battery charger.

I did receive a USB thumb drive with a owner's manual, along with a paper manual, and assortment of stickers.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Of all the things that I should've received, it appears that I did not receive the hub spanner, and according to the forum members here, a battery charger.

I did receive a USB thumb drive with a owner's manual, along with a paper manual, and assortment of stickers.
When I picked up my F3 the hub spanner and handle were in the bag with my battery charger.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
?????

you want the complete MV tool kit or do you just want to talk about a spanner?????

I gave you the Ebay item number

the seller has sold 15,906 items and is rated 100%

and its free shipping too

:stickpoke:stickpoke

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you want the complete MV tool kit or do you just want to talk about a spanner?????

I gave you the Ebay item number

the seller has sold 15,906 items and is rated 100%

and its free shipping too

:stickpoke:stickpoke
Actually, I just want the spanner.

I'll probably go with the Laser 5035 spanner that I found in the Amazon marketplace.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
?

with the 1st Gen tool kit you're equipped for basic road side repairs and have spare fuses too

I have them on both my MVs......

:drummer:

:popcorn:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts