1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
It would help to know the year of your bike....and to have that information readily available in your signature line....

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
That being said, the 910S and the 910R have the same engine and therefore oil pan.

The part number for he pan is 80B092469 and the gasket is 800087786.

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
Thanks @Edward....my eyes glossed right over that.

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
The part number is different for the 990 and the 1090RR.

The part number is the same for the 1078.

So, the listed item in EBay is probably correct.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
I have one I will sell you if you prefer not to ship from overseas. Send me a PM

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one I will sell you if you prefer not to ship from overseas. Send me a PM
Damn. I did it too quickly. I found one from a 2007 F4 1000R. I cross referenced the part numbers and they are the same. I got it from a breaker in Ohio. Should have it next week. I will be removing the exhaust, draining the rest of the oil and removing the oil pan. I have read that I should bypass the gasket and just use Hondabond or some other sealant for gaskets. Correct? Thanks guys.

Oh I added my bike to my sig.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
That's good, hope you got a good price.

Yamabond #4, Suzukibond 1205B,.... lot's of good sealants out there designed for crankcase sealing without a gasket. Just don't use too much. It only takes a thin even film.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
100 bucks shipped. Is there a pattern when tightening the bolts? Or is it just criss cross? I found a thread somewhere that had the torque specs. Gonna have to do some more digging.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have two manual's and the engine was NOT one of them so thank you. I can't find the gasket thou. Is there a supplier I can get it from in the US? Everything I have seen is overseas.
I have been thru both PDF's and nothing shows a tightening sequence for the Oil Sump. I thought it would be like a cylinder head. I guess not. I will just go criss cross. Still looking for the gasket state side.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
Order your gasket from Mark at the DucShop in Marietta GA. He usually gets parts for me within 10 days (unless MV is out of stock).

He may very well have the gasket in stock. He does stock service parts.

Or just use crankcase sealant.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
Sweet Gonna call him tomorrow.

Wait I can just use RVT instead of the gasket and RTV?
Yes, but get something better than silicone sealant. Like Suzukibond 1205B (my favorite) or Yamabond #4 (much easier to find) or the Hondabond equivalent....

These are made to seal crankcase surfaces that do not use gaskets. Good stuff.

Reactions: Edward

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Called Ducshop and he doesn't have one but I got a lead from a FB group page member. I should have it soon and the new Sump. Gonna look at the RTV sealant with the gasket. Hope to get this done by next weekend.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a sump and gasket coming in this week so I took the old sump off. I know the M6 bolts are torqued to 10 NM but the M8 bolts? Are those the ones holding the rear brake cylinder? It says those are to be at 25 NM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts