MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I have a 2000 MV Agusta F4 that is a gray market bike; it was brought into this country in pieces. D.O.T. already knows about it as they prosecuted the guy that sold it to me.

The bike is complete, but I would have to export the bike and import it again for it to undergo certification.

Does anyone out there know of an MV Agusta F4 frame with a clean title? I could move my parts over to it and solve my problem.

Thanks.

Richard

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Sorry to hear this, not up with US law but you gotta love red tape....export, then import it for it to undergo certification.... :shocker: ...Does Mexico count??? and I hope you could make someone see logic and get it certified with out the bullshit...but I think we all know how much chance you have of that happening. :rolleyes:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Sorry to hear this, not up with US law but you gotta love red tape....export, then import it for it to undergo certification.... :shocker: ...Does Mexico count??? and I hope you could make someone see logic and get it certified with out the bullshit...but I think we all know how much chance you have of that happening. :rolleyes:
Pure stupidity. :shocker:

Can you just strip the bike down to the frame, ship just the frame abroad and re-import it? :naughty: :laughing:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not cheap....

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the suggestions, but I really need a frame if I'm going to run this bike on the street.

To export the bike and then import it for certification would cost at least $6,500 and the bike would not pass certification.

The engione has been modified to a 908 CC displacement (136 HP at the rear wheel). It has new cylinders from "Superbike Mike", new pistons, new injectors, new chip for the ECU and new clutch basket.

If I don't find a frame, I'm going to sell the bike "as is" with all spares.

Anyone interested?

Richard

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
since you got the beefed up engine, much more rare than a frame, i'd just wait it out. frames do come up from time to time on ebay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the offer; I need a frame with an MSO

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the advise and offer of assistance from Italy!

Some years ago, I got to know a "gentleman" selling Ducati parts out of his shop in Valdosta, GA; he was the U.S. distributor for Dymag wheels at the time. I helped him in his business and after years of help on my part, he tried to hose me on a business deal we were in. I had paid him for the MV and he swore that the paperwork was coming back from DOT/EPA (a lie). Anyway, I wound up with an undocumented MV Agusta F4.

I called the importer (Ferraci) and they want $2,700 for a frame with an MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin). I would have to go through the hassel of building a motorcycle in Florida and getting approval at various stages of construction.

Anyway, I don't have a streetable bike and I would like something to ride.

If anyone out there hears of a "wounded" MV with a clean title, please let me know.

Take care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts