MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my my10 f4 apart to clean the throttle bodies and change the spark plugs. . Im gonna start putting it back tomorrow. I can’t seem to figure where this hose connects. It’s coming from the intake manifold and is about 8-10”. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Could be the hose to the MAP sensor.....Could be one of the purge hoses to the evap canister. Can't think of any other possibilities.

Is there a similar hose on all the intakes? Are there other hoses on the throttle bodies themselves, all 4 connected to the evap can and accessible for throttle body synch? (Gen 1 bikes have this, I suspect yours does too).

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Ed is a brilliant man!

Find the Red Arrow

2.jpg

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
That connection to the map sensor is essential to operation of your bike, it is what the later model bikes are using instead of a hall sensor for cam timing (on start up) in order to have sequential ign and injection. Maybe sure you not only get it back into the right place, but that the hose is very well secured to the fittings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Ed and chuck as always. So map sensor and phase sensor r basically the same thing???

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Thank you Ed and chuck as always. So map sensor and phase sensor r basically the same thing???
Yes.... The MAP sensor does 2 things.

First, upon starting, the ECU uses the intake pulse to determine cylinder #1 relative to crank position sensor, and uses that initial starting pulse signal to determine when to fire injectors and coils for all cylinders.... that is the phase sensor function (also known as cam position sensor).

Second, once running the ECU uses the strength of the intake pulses to determine fueling.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow up question. Secured all the hoses, vacuum lines, electrical connectors, installed the throttle body n the tss and the air box. Taking a break but gonna install the tank soon. Like an idiot I forgot where the rainwater drain line goes under the tank and where the other vacuum rubber hose goes. I checked the manual but there r very specific or maybe I missed it. I searched the forum but most where talking about a y. I don’t have a y.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chuck I saw that pic in the manual. But my bike doesn’t have a Y-hose under the tank. It has one hose for the rainwater drain and the other hose goes to the vacuum lines which then connect to the throttle bodies. But regardless once I put the tank in position and connected the wiring and the fuel line I got a deja vu n I knew how the hoses were connected when I disconnected it last week. Thanks for all your help anyways.

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Your gas tank has the evap canister inside. The water drain from the cap area is the hose that runs to ground. The one that goes to a T and all the intake manifolds is the evaporative canister which is the gas cap vent system.

Only USA spec bikes had the canister until lately. You have to find the diagrams for the USA spec evaporatve emissions system.

OR...you could violate EPA laws (and CARB laws especially) by removing the Evap System....lot's of old threads on this subject.

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
I am losing my mind...Yes, Ed is correct!!!

Your gas tank has the evap canister inside. The water drain from the cap area is the hose that runs to ground. The one that goes to a T and all the intake manifolds is the evaporative canister which is the gas cap vent system.

Only USA spec bikes had the canister until lately. You have to find the diagrams for the USA spec evaporatve emissions system.

OR...you could violate EPA laws (and CARB laws especially) by removing the Evap System....lot's of old threads on this subject.
The vacuum hose goes to the front-most connection:

1.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts