MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike out today and when i started the bike she will not start with out me holding the throttle. tried to rev it a bit and sounded like running on 3 cyl ? Previously before this happened she got tipped over inside the garage but she started fine and rode too. Any ideas is greatly appreciated like always. BTW 2002 F4 750

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
Mileage? Serviced?
Sounds like fouled plug...maybe plugged fuel filter or dirty injectors. Bet it is something that simple.

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Mileage? Serviced?
Sounds like fouled plug...maybe plugged fuel filter or dirty injectors. Bet it is something that simple.
I agree Ed, except about the fouled plug

Bobby;
new fuel filter
then use some injector cleaner on it...

you'll be in it ~$10-12

report back

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed, how long has the bike been standing with fuel in it ?
Stored the bike from Oct but starts it once a week and rode it too few times this year. Got to check plugs never change it and mileage is 8000 Miles.. Will keep you gurus posted Thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mileage? Serviced?
Change the fuel filter last year ( June ) but did not get around to change the spark plugs. Will do that this weekend and see .
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
On the "Fuel goes bad quickly" note: Storing all of my bikes with fuel in them for the winter, one was laid up from October 2013 until Monday of this week, they all start and run just fine WITH THE OLD 10% ETHANOL FUEL STILL IN THEM. Yes, I use a stabilizer with ethanol treatment, STABIL MARINE to be exact.

When I took my 312R tank apart to do the fuel filter and lines for the first time since its 2007 birth, there was no sign of fuel degradation, rust, gel or any other nonsense in the tank. I live in a part of the world that was first on-board with ethanol, so it's been in my bike for many years. No issues, yet.

What I am saying here, to be clear, is that, unless you have exceedingly poor quality fuel, or you left it in the tank untreated for more than six months, it is probably not a fuel degradation issue.

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
The key being you used an ethanol treatment......I'm preaching and preaching, but folks don't hear me.

The "Marine" Stabil is made to prevent ethanol precipitation from the gasoline.....certain death for outboard engines.

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
You can get those at any Japanese bike shop. May need get the terminal cap that screws on, most techs will have a handfull of them laying about.
Some have no cap screwed on, some have the cap soldered in place and not removable.
Any CR9EIX will be fine, ignore the extra letters that may be on the plug you buy.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Did my 312R plugs recently. 30 bucks for 4 from Advance Auto. Ordered online for store pickup. Coupon H43. All the stores near my work had them. Let me know if you need to borrow my thin walled socket.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did my 312R plugs recently. 30 bucks for 4 from Advance Auto. Ordered online for store pickup. Coupon H43. All the stores near my work had them. Let me know if you need to borrow my thin walled socket.
Thanks MV Arthur... The MV tool kit have one for removing plugs.. Got to go now to advanced auto.. In Queens Blvd ?

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
No problem. Just make sure yours fits the new plugs before starting. Neither of mine (from my 1000S and 312R toolkit) fit the CR9EIX plugs I got. Both were too small. You can check inventory from their website.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok. Change the plugs and same problem. I think injector 1 and 4 is not firing. I have spark on 1 and 4 but I believe injectors 1 and 4 could be the problem. Anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok check injector wire and test injector plug continuity to the ecm and still no fire signal. Anythimg else I should check. Getting frustrated a bit.
Thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts