MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My husband "Mr. Master" passed away a year ago and we have now decided to sell his 2010 MV F4. We moved from Georgia (where we purchased the bike) to California. I'm trying to get the title in my name and was not successful today because I don't have an EPA sticker. I don't think Georgia regulates this. How can I get an EPA sticker so I can sell this bike?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mrs. Master

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Can't help you with the EPA subject Melissa, but truly sorry to hear about Mark, our thought's are with you and your family.
Mark was a well liked forum member, and I had many a discussion with him.

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
selling?

Melissa;
very sorry about your loss.....

as long as you have the Georgia title to the bike AND it has 7,500 mi on it you can sell it in California

as the surviving spouse you can sell it without registering it in your name, California is a joint property state

the bike's VIN number indicates that it was USA legal....you don't need any EPA crap

I'd put it up on the Forum For Sale Section

you have any hassles call me

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hello,

My husband "Mr. Master" passed away a year ago and we have now decided to sell his 2010 MV F4. We moved from Georgia (where we purchased the bike) to California. I'm trying to get the title in my name and was not successful today because I don't have an EPA sticker. I don't think Georgia regulates this. How can I get an EPA sticker so I can sell this bike?

Mrs. Master

Once a bike has over 7,500 miles on it the state of california should allow registration.

I take it from what you've said that its a GA. title still. If so, are you on the title? If not the easiest way to get on it is to contact the GA. dmv with your husbands death certificate and they should issue the title in your name. There may even be a POA form to fill out or some easy to do online thing. Would need to call the DMV in GA. for more concrete info. though.
If you are on the title with the word "and" between your names the same would apply because both co-owners would need to sign off on the title.

If you are on the title with the word "or" between the names then you have legal right to sell the bike with title as is. As with assignment being from either owner will satisfy any dmv requirement.

The fact that you are physically in california has no bearing as to whether you can sell the bike or not. The relevancy only comes into play if someone were to want to register/title the bike in said state. Sold outside the state, or if the bike will be taken out of state, you need not worry.

The whole thing about the EPA sticker comes into play because the bike was/is a 49state(federal) bike and not a "CA"(approved for sale in california) bike. My understanding is the way around this is to have the vehicle with 7,500 miles or more.

For whatever reason, should you wish to not deal with the DMV you can purchase a gauge cluster with 7,500, or more, miles on it; and either have it installed on the bike, or just give it the new owner who would have plans to title/register the bike in CA. Or one could send out the original dash to have more than 7,500 miles put on it for a marginal cost. Understandably its probably more than you would want to deal with, but those are some options. Again, if the buyer isn't going to keep the bike in california then its all a moot point.

If you have anymore questions regarding this please feel free to send a private message and i'll try to assist any way possible.

·
Super Moderator
21,417 Posts
My condolences. I hope you find an easy solution to this issue.

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
I had no idea he had passed away, my sincere condolences...

All MVs imported into the USA are CARB certified. That is to say they are California legal with regards EPA regulations. There are no MVs in the USA after 2001 that are not California legal.

The EPA sticker was originally under the seat. Unless the bike has been heavily modified, or someone purposely removed the sticker, it should still be there. If not, you could contact MV USA and ask for a letter of compliance. They should be more than happy to provide that.

Again, my condolences on your (and all of ours) loss.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Hello,

Mrs. Master
So sorry to hear that..Mark was a nice guy

joe

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had no idea he had passed away, my sincere condolences...

All MVs imported into the USA are CARB certified. That is to say they are California legal with regards EPA regulations. There are no MVs in the USA after 2001 that are not California legal.

The EPA sticker was originally under the seat. Unless the bike has been heavily modified, or someone purposely removed the sticker, it should still be there. If not, you could contact MV USA and ask for a letter of compliance. They should be more than happy to provide that.

Again, my condolences on your (and all of ours) loss.

Well there you go. Never saw the decals on either of my bikes so didn't know this.

Letter of compliance would be helpful, just not so sure Agusta will be. Push come to shove someone on here has to have an oem seat with the sticker still on it.

EDIT: You sure about this? Just looked at all seats on ebay and none of them have any sticker. Even on the brand new take offs that maxcorse is selling.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Mrs. Master,

First, my condolences for your loss and my best wishes!

Where in Calif. are you. I would like to help you. At my dealership we work with a registration service that I am positive they could take care of it for you. However, we are in Escondido, San Diego North County area.

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
Well there you go. Never saw the decals on either of my bikes so didn't know this.
EDIT: You sure about this? Just looked at all seats on ebay and none of them have any sticker. Even on the brand new take offs that maxcorse is selling.
Under the seat on the inner fender...not on the seat itself.

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
how about that a dealer stepping up to help :drummer:

Melissa;
that was Balz Renggli, he is Moto Forza
760-746-6001

he is also the only dealer on the help map, and does bike recovery too :drummer:

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
Dmv?

Melissa;

I just went to the DMV to ask them for you
1 person in line:wtf:????

the official deal is you need a Georgia title with your name on it

but the registration and a bill of sale works too

I have kept the title to every vehicle I've ever owned, only gave the buyer the registration and a bill of sale
and since the bike is a 2010 its CARB legal (50 State bike) you won't need the sticky

they never looked for one on any of my bikes

they only check VIN and engine numbers

·
Registered
547 Posts
The EPA sticker is on the bottom of the exhaust under the seat. I moved from Toronto to Oregon and MV USA sent me a letter of compliance just as an FYI for anyone. The 2010 are legal in all 50 states as Knurl stated.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Very sorry to hear about Mark.

I have EPA stickers. I had them made up a few months ago. I have a thread on emissions stickers. I had the same problem as well as my bike did not come with them from the factory and I moved to California.

I have 2008 ones made up but can make it any year

If you search emission stickers you will find the thread.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52056&highlight=emission+sticker

Where are you in California?

Make sure you have the two stickers for ca DMV...the two ladies I had checked all four of my bikes....do not do what Noel said...if they flag the bike you will never get it registered in California. Do not play games with CA DMV they can make life very difficult...have all your ducks lined up. I can provide you with stickers that will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
don't worry about the EPA sticker, Just sign the title and sell the bike

You want to sell the bike, correct?

Just sign the vehicle title yourself, now.
There is no signature verification process when vehicle title is transferred.
When you sell it, give the buyer the title and a bill-of-sale.

I have done the same myself.

Hello,

Mrs. Master

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
You want to sell the bike, correct?

Just sign the vehicle title yourself, now.
There is no signature verification process when vehicle title is transferred.
When you sell it, give the buyer the title and a bill-of-sale.

I have done the same myself.
thank you Joel;
she is selling the bike, the DMV is not involved, period

as the lady at the DMV said yesterday;
>she needs a Georgia title
a registration will do also, it shows if there is a lien holder
>she needs to write a bill of sale
*possibly notify the Georgia DMV of the sale

thats IT

1 - 20 of 26 Posts