MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
18,860 Posts
Or.....ask your local dealer to order it for you (check shipping costs from StarTwin !!)

DucShop in Marietta GA may be your closest, depending on where in Tennessee you are.

These guys are also a supplier on the internet (UK based): https://www.bike-parts-mv.com/

·
Administrator
18,860 Posts
check for ducati one and swap chip. lot cheaper. I doubt startwin can still deliver
SPU ...not ECU....infamous problem on early Brutales.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
SPU ...not ECU....infamous problem on early Brutales.
Did anyone ever figure out the exact functioning of the SPU?
I took a look at replacing it with a dumb micro relay set (ssVEC, Littelfuse,RTMR ) OR a solid state relay set (Motogadget mo.unit) OR Power Distribution/management Module (Ecumaster PMU, Racepak - SmartWire)
But didn't proceed with it when my SPU turned out to be good.

·
Administrator
18,860 Posts
Basically a collection of relays that control different functions. Most bikes have a group of individual relays. The Brutale SPU combines them all in one box, along with the fuse box.

So it is the central power distribution device, fuses and relays all together.

Fuel pump and headlight relays....but it's a little more complicated circuitry inside then just that.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I took a look at replacing it with a dumb micro relay set (ssVEC, Littelfuse,RTMR ) OR a solid state relay set (Motogadget mo.unit) OR Power Distribution/management Module (Ecumaster PMU, Racepak - SmartWire)
But didn't proceed with it when my SPU turned out to be good.
Some german does repairs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts