MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a private message from someone who joined the forum yesterday with no post and no other info stating they were interested in my Senna. I am a pretty savvy guy and want to know if anyone has any advice as to what to watch out for.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
sound like a sale to me, I remembered to join to forum to looking for to buy senna and looking for some connection see where I can located the senna that I bought

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just use common sense when moving forward. Don't let go of anything until you are paid in full. Let him arrange shipping if he is out of state.

Keep in mind that there are a ton of ways your bike may pop up in a general search on the web. I've often come across parts that I'm after by doing a google image search with the words "For Sale" included. I've then had to register on the forum that the part was being sold on to contact the seller.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Do not, under any circumstances, accept an offer where the buyer doesn't haggle over the price and says he will send his own shipper out to pick it up and the shipper will pay you.

Do not accept a bank check unless you are positive it is good. It is easier to make a bogus check than a bogus $100 bill so cash is best. Or, bank wire transfer is fine. A fed funds wire to your account is as safe as you can get.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Yes, selling a Senna might lead to withdrawal symptoms, so beware.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Don't let the bike go until you have funds in your bank or in hard cash in your hand,my friend just got scammed for £1500 for a campervan that does not exist. It was done through western union so beware.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Western Union is THE MOST common method fraudsteres use to get money. If WN is involved, it's no deal for me. Everyone already gave you the rest of the good advice. I've bought and sold a few bikes sight-unseen, arranged shipping etc. I've yet to get burned but I'm pretty paranoid about making a deal, being in the internet security sector and all. LOL

Good luck on the sale, I hope the offer is legit and too your liking!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts