1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.. i need your advice...
i'm in the process of buying more gear and i'm ready to buy helmet this time

but i can't make a decision.

well i have red/silver 2001 MV F4S( i don't know how to put pix yet) sorry.

im looking at Suomy SPEC-1R EXTREME FLOWERS, OR BARROS
OR Arai RX7 Tommy Gun Red ?

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOUD GET?

ALSO IM STILL SEARCHING TO BUY LEATHERS TOO. (I'M ABOUT 6'TALL 180 pound any body similar like me. what size leather should i get?)

THANK YOU ALL for your help and kind.

have nice day and take care~

STEVE ^^
2001 MV AGUSTA F4S RED/SILVER.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
get the one that fits your head the best. the fit is all important. you want it snug, but comfortable. it should not press anywhere. the chin-strap should snug up nice.

personally, i've been using aria's for the last 8 years. now have an RX7-RRIV in the Okada graphic. there are several nice features of the arai's - the face shield can be replace w/o the use of any tools, the RX7 has different cheek pads, and liners to adjust for fit. the liner is removeable, and can be washed. it's light, which is nice if you wear it a lot. and there is no better in terms of build quality.

but there are other helmets that are very good as well. shoei comes to mind as an example.

alex

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
altoon said:
get the one that fits your head the best. the fit is all important. you want it snug, but comfortable. it should not press anywhere. the chin-strap should snug up nice.

personally, i've been using aria's for the last 8 years. now have an RX7-RRIV in the Okada graphic. there are several nice features of the arai's - the face shield can be replace w/o the use of any tools, the RX7 has different cheek pads, and liners to adjust for fit. the liner is removeable, and can be washed. it's light, which is nice if you wear it a lot. and there is no better in terms of build quality.

but there are other helmets that are very good as well. shoei comes to mind as an example.

alex
THANKS FOR YOUR INFO ALEX ^^

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Altoon is right, fit is the major factor. I wanted to buy the new Shark RSR2, Kevlar/Carbon helmet because I think it's the best value for money and one of the safetest out there but in my size my nose is just too close (basically any movement and it touches) to the front so I'm going with an Arai.

As for leathers my next set will be custom fit...also check out the gear section there are a couple of good threads in there about helmets and leathers.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi.. take a look at the thread i started called "Best Gear - Bar none" located here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1764

Consider looking at this helmut maker: http://www.schuberth.com/
As for leathers.. i'm starting to really like what i read and hear about BKS leather.. you can see their stuff at: http://www.bksleather.co.uk/
BKS makes amazing gloves. I have a detailed explanation of the effort they put just in there gloves with goes far beyond anyone else... atleast it seems to.

The one factor i'm not taking into consideration in this thread is price... i was going to factor that in last on my own.

Ofcourse.. as everyone here and everywhere else agrees.. fit is of the upmost importance.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fazer6 said:
As said, get the one that fits best, helmet and leathers.
You don't have to buy the most expensive, but don't skimp either.

well i try Suomy and they fit really good on me
now i can't dicide witch DSN i should get?
New Flowers? or Barros?

hum.........

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
For the fit of a suit, whats important is going in to a gear place and trying them all on. Brands have different sizing and fit for different body "shapes". Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

I have a really round head...so the Suomy fits me PERFECT. The 1st week, it had to break in, cause it was REALLY snug on my cheeks/jaw...but now, it's so awesome. It ventilates like no other and is the lightest helmet I've ever worn. The graphics are bar none. but, even if you live in a surf cultured state/area like I do, where the hawaiian flowers are a norm, be prepared to say you have a girls helmet... The lining is so sweet, but a little of a PITA to clean. The visor is also the biggest pain in the ass to swap compared to most other helmets. If you lose the tool, you're stuck to having to use a butterknife....and you MIGHT scratch your lense if you're a muscle head or get impatient with it.

But, I'm telling you right now, all that is fine and dandy, but the noise almost overpowers all the pro's this helmet has. Seriously, without earplugs, your ears will be almost, if not ringing when you're done riding. With earplugs, it's still fairly noisy. It's no shit, THAT LOUD.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I know I've posted this before, but FWIW I'm pretty confident the Spec-1R is significantly quieter than the Extreme.

Suomy fits me best, the liner is super-comfortable, but the visors are a pain to change, and my iridium one became defective at less than a month old.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Ever tried an AGV? The best helmet I've ever had bar-none, was an old Biaggi AGV Quasar. Then I went abroad and my sister used it on her moped. I got it back covered in make up and scratched!!...

I just bought a new AGV Stealth "British Bulldog" and that's good, a very comfy fit and a lot quieter than my old Arai Quantum-S (which was getting a bit too old), but I find though it fits well, the forehead is a bit low, and I have to lift my head a little more than I used to. (Though maybe that's just the F4 riding position.)

Si

Edit: Link: http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_info.php/cPath/43_45/products_id/1352

Oddly, it doesn't sit stable when placed on the floor, so have to be careful putting it down when sitting on a slope. (As I found out at the Donington GP.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts