MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got some oem parts from my Senna that I have changes out, and am wondering if I should sell them or keep them... nothing major, but here they are:

Windscreen
Water pump
Levers
Rear hugger/license plate holder
Reservoir covers
Tail light
Mid-pipe

Not sure any of those are even worth anything, but my main concern is preserving the "stock" bike in the event it goes up for sale as a lot of time people like to buy these that way... or do they? Also it's got rider miles on it (@~3100 right now) so it's not a collector, show room bike either. What do you guys think, should I get this stuff out of my garage and help some other MV guys out with things they may need, or should I hold onto it? Thanks.

Registered
Curtis, there's not a lot of value in those OEM parts, but the windscreen and levers would be nice spares if you track it. Also, being a Senna, it might be desirable to a future buyer to have ALL of the original parts, if you ever sell it.

Administrator
Keep the parts. When/If you ever sell her you should re-install them and sell the aftermarket stuff separately instead.

Registered
Every thing I replaced on my bikes is still stored in my garage.
A: If something gets broken, I have spares.
B: If anyone is in need of the stuff I have I can help.
So what if Your bike tips over and the brake lever is broken ?
You have the spare and can go riding again the next Day.
Other wise You might have to wait a week before the shipment arrives.

Super Moderator
Keep most at least, the waterpump on the Senna was the "old" version as for as the 1000's go, so not much use. The screens are very expensive to replace, and are not the same on all F4's, contrary to what Noel said. The rest I agree with the other guys.

Registered
By all means....Keep all the parts. I have a 748L and received all the original parts from the original bike from 1998...and I sure payed for them!!..Hint Hint.

Registered
Keep.

Registered
Keep most at least, the waterpump on the Senna was the "old" version as for as the 1000's go, so not much use. The screens are very expensive to replace, and are not the same on all F4's, contrary to what Noel said. The rest I agree with the other guys.
you tip over you might need a lever....

you crash you probably need a screen and a bunch of other stuff that's why you have insurance:naughty:

my Aprilia RSVR was backed into by a forklift.....a month old

~$4,600 in damage

I replaced the clutch lever and left mirror

yes, there are scratches......still

riding next to me you probably will never see them.....does it bother me??? nope

its a toy, I just ride it

look at the list again......

Windscreen
Water pump
Levers
Rear hugger/license plate holder
Reservoir covers
Tail light
Mid-pipe

what is rare???????

keep the levers :naughty:

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just going to keep it all... I don't know why someone would want the oem water pump, or the rear hugger... but you never know. I DO NOT plan on selling this bike... ever... but, things change and you never know. Once I get this car sold and out of my garage, I'll have more room to keep stuff like this.

Vendor
Even keep the pump.Someone might need it someday and they can put the upgraded impeller on it,new seal and back on the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts