MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, need some advice about the Exhaust valve issue on my 2016 F3 800. If the cleaning and greasing doesn't work out, can we just keep the servo motor connected, remove the cables and also keep the valve near exhaust open by tieing it down. Is there any downsides by doing this.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,219 Posts
There are probably about a hundred threads on this very subject. Your issue is not yours alone. Search is your friend.

That being said, the exhaust valve fails in the open position so there is no need to tie it open. You can disconnect the cables at the valve or at the servo. The servo indexes at each "key on" event and, if the servo is bad, may still deliver a fault code.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hello there, need some advice about the Exhaust valve issue on my 2016 F3 800. If the cleaning and greasing doesn't work out, can we just keep the servo motor connected, remove the cables and also keep the valve near exhaust open by tieing it down. Is there any downsides by doing this.

Thanks!
I went through this in August with my Dragster RR. Yes, remove the servo which will allow uncoupling the two cables from the exhaust valve. Slipping the cable roundels out will take a bit of patience. I removed both cables completely. Valve will spring open and stay open by itself. Replace servo and be sure connection is tight and clean. Either tape the two cables, or completely remove. Voila: fixed. Seems this fails on every bike (?), my guess is the cables get sticky, or out of alignment, or the servo gears wear out. Luck!

·
Wing Nut
21,304 Posts
Sticking cables will also cause the fault code.... if you want to retain the valve, disconnect and check your cables for smooth movement. This is more common than servo failure.

Greasing the valve is a bad thing, as the temperatures will just melt and carbonize any lube, possibly causing sticky movement. The bushings on the exhaust valve shaft are designed to run dry.

Reactions: lucydad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys, it worked...I don't see the error any more, as I removed the cables and kept the servo motor connected....but somehow a strange pop sound is coming up randomly from the front end of the bike...it almost sounds like some quick air escape sound from the front end of the bike and not from the exhaust or the front shocks for sure.

thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts