MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a coworker of mine is trying to tell me that Mv Agusta is now making their engines for their new sportbikes through suzuki..............his source is someone who works for cagiva's marketing dept.....

i told him he was full of shit, but he keeps being persistant about it....i was wondering if anyone could give me a good answer to shut him up because its getting quite annoying....

:blah: :blah:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Cagiva does that for their models, but MV does NOT. And should know it as I own both :stickpoke And I don't like annoying collegues :wtf:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Cagiva has been using Suzuki engines for years--MV Never.
Though, now Cagiva has contracted with Hyosung for their v-twins, which Hyosung has been making for Suzuki.

·
Registered
390 Posts
MV have always used there own engine, designed by Farrari to sound like one, that is what Claudio wanted. hence the F in F4. they were to use offset cyclinders to make the bike narrower but relised in construction that this didn't need to be done. Thats why the F4 in only 10mm wider than a Cagiva mito 125.

·
Registered
125 Posts
998steve said:
MV have always used there own engine, designed by Farrari to sound like one, that is what Claudio wanted. hence the F in F4. they were to use offset cyclinders to make the bike narrower but relised in construction that this didn't need to be done. Thats why the F4 in only 10mm wider than a Cagiva mito 125.
Most people have seen this link probably but for those who haven't:
http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2006/05/ferrari-link-to-mv-agusta-f4.html

Also:

"We entered the engine-assembly room first. It was a big open-plan hangar with a number modern CNC machining tools. The factory works an 8-hour day. One end of the room worked aluminum (crankcases and cylinder heads) and the other iron (cranks, camshafts and valve guides). The two sections were further divided between the 2-stork motors of Husqvarna and the 4-stroke motors of MV Agusta. We saw all the stages of work, from rough castings to the finished objects, but only took selected photos.Next we went through to a small engine test area where the engines are run to ensure reliability before final assembly into the chassis. Then through to two further assembly lines where the major chassis and engine components met up. By the end of this hall, the bikes were complete but for the fairings, which waited in another hall and are added after the rolling-road tests."

Full Article at:
http://www.dm8.com/mvagusta.htm

Richard.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
jskipper said:
a coworker of mine is trying to tell me that Mv Agusta is now making their engines for their new sportbikes through suzuki..............his source is someone who works for cagiva's marketing dept.....

i told him he was full of shit, but he keeps being persistant about it....i was wondering if anyone could give me a good answer to shut him up because its getting quite annoying....

:blah: :blah:
Collegue? You're the president of the company so just fire him :stickpoke

CAG

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts