MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some pictures of 2 new replica for customers..........

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
MV-999R said:
The "corse" is the least appealing MV F4 to me :)

But the Monica version would be tits :naughty: :yo:
I agree and I actually prefer the classic red and silver bike, which is fortunate as that's what I've got :yo:

·
Registered
187 Posts
reptile said:
I agree and I actually prefer the classic red and silver bike, which is fortunate as that's what I've got :yo:
+1

nice paint job though.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm a red and silver type of guy too.

But I've seen the Corse and I have to say it looks pretty cool in person.

Alka, I'm guessing the reason you do this is because you can do it cheaper than if the customer bought the kit? I've seen you make replicas of all the kits now, pretty cool.

I still think you should just sell your own schemes, they look nicer than most of the MV stuff anyway.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Okay...time for me to stir things up a bit on this one. :stir:

Open Letter to Alka:

As one of the few Corse Kit owners it pisses me off to see you rip off the design and cheapen it. Don't get me wrong, you do terrific work. As someone said, much of it looks better than the factory designs. That said, you should stick to your own designs. You may not understand this but by stealing MV's designs (and maybe adding a few touches along the way) you lessen the uniqueness (and...not that I care...the value) of my motorcycle. I bought my cycle, like many MV owners, so that it would be unique. I went the extra mile (and spent the extra money) with the Corse Kit because, unlike many MV owners, I like the design of it. I also like the added exclusivity the kit brings to my motorcycle. Clearly, Alka, you can do what you want with the paint schemes. But, I would highly suggest that you do your own original designs and stay away from tweaking other's work (...possibly copyrighted work at that...).

Flame off.

Steve

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Top work, I don't think it cheapens the original corse at all, it simply just pays respect and a great compliment to it....well done!

·
Registered
225 Posts
sgcullen said:

Open Letter to Alka:

As one of the few Corse Kit owners it pisses me off to see you rip off the design and cheapen it. Don't get me wrong, you do terrific work. As someone said, much of it looks better than the factory designs. That said, you should stick to your own designs. You may not understand this but by stealing MV's designs (and maybe adding a few touches along the way) you lessen the uniqueness (and...not that I care...the value) of my motorcycle. I bought my cycle, like many MV owners, so that it would be unique. I went the extra mile (and spent the extra money) with the Corse Kit because, unlike many MV owners, I like the design of it. I also like the added exclusivity the kit brings to my motorcycle. Clearly, Alka, you can do what you want with the paint schemes. But, I would highly suggest that you do your own original designs and stay away from tweaking other's work (...possibly copyrighted work at that...).

Flame off.

Steve
Steve, this is still a Corse rep and not a genuine Corse. I do sort of get your point though as the difference between the Corse and the 1000S is the paint and seat if I remember rightly. You do get a numbered certificate though! :stickpoke

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think the real kudos goes to the painter who does his bikes!

sgcullen said:

Open Letter to Alka:

Flame off.

Steve

I pretty much agree. His 910R replica on a non R bike was also a bit much. Will there be a Alka Tamburini? Original designs are prefered. Not that we can do anything about it other than say boo.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
As one of the few Corse Kit owners it pisses me off to see you rip off the design and cheapen it.
With all due respect, I don't think you should really spit the dummy over it. You know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... and I bet all those Lamborghini drivers who spot a decent kit-car replica simply give a modest wry smile knowing they've got the bonafide real thing, (and under it all the other guys only got a Fiero.)

But painting up my bike to give the appearance of an limited edition model isn't something I'd want to do. Not because I think it'd cheapen the thing I'm copying, but that it'd cheapen me.

Si

·
Registered
337 Posts
that's HOT! i like! what's wrong with someone making replica's? People do this all the time.....let's see...spinner rim's....how many people make replica's of those? That is just one example....i personally like his work and if it is less expensive I would like to know "HOW MUCH AND HOW CAN I GET THAT?" let's be realistic....much of MV's products extremely over priced! I welcome some competition!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
What's perhaps worse is MV having the nerve to offer something someone can get already as a collection of parts as a limited edition, simply by applying paint..

There is a long-standing tradition of custom painters treading wantonly over design copyrights. How many race-reps are there using laser cut decals never having been endorsed by the original sponsors? I'm surprised there's never been any serious legal challenges, (has there?) It doesn't always follow that any publicity is good publicity, especially if they consider the likelihood of their branding being ridden irresponsibly on the roads.

So I guess Alkatraxx is being a little bit naughty, but if the only distinguishing feature of a special edition is paint, well it's kind of asking for it, in my opinion.

Si

1 - 20 of 91 Posts