MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure pretty...but the economic impact must be staggering. My company had to close their offices already twice this week.
We had 8 inches of snow on Sunday night, another 5 last night followed up by some rain. Things are now starting to freeze over...that's gonna be fun. Next storm front is due to come in on Sunday.

Attached some pics I shot around my property. I haven't seen my pool in weeks...hope I winterized it OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fortunately for us, it's been too cold to snow here in Saskatchewan. Unfortunately though, it's been too cold to snow here in Saskatchewan.:bawling:

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Fortunately for us, it's been too cold to snow here is Saskatchewan......
Stupid question: can it actually be too cold to snow? :jsm:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fortunately for us, it's been too cold to snow here is Saskatchewan. Unfortunately though, it's been too cold to snow here in Saskatchewan.:bawling:
Oh man, I was on a business trip in Montreal last week. Nippy !

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hehe I'm guessing you guys haven't quite hit that point in the south yet.

While it's possible to snow at any temperature, it becomes less likely the colder it gets. Something to do with crystals not being able to form if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's been pretty much 4 weeks straight of -30 C here. Hopefully starts to let up soon and we can get a glimpse of spring.

I haven't ridden since the start of September and I'm really starting to get the itch.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Hehe I'm guessing you guys haven't quite hit that point in the south yet.
I'll say! I just researched the weather in Saskatoon over the next week.....

It's dropping to a low of -29F on Saturday night, but the good news is there's only a 10% chance of snow. :jsm:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Its not fun at all... But either is moving over a foot of wet heavy snow so I have no envy of you there yves.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Nice photos. Thanks.

And I thought it was cold here today…The SE wind and rain dropped the temperature to 21C, down from 30ish the past few weeks.
No "winterizing" for us ;-)

I guess you get used to anything?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Short answer, yes. Up here, you can tell it's going to snow because it warms up. When it's -30 F or below, we usually get ice fog. And that's exactly what it sounds like. Horrible. Not to mention the inversion layer. That's caused by the cold as well. I was going through Arctic Survival training and we were popping red smoke to help us get located when we were vectoring the helicopter for pick-up. We had to start a super-heated fire to get the smoke to go more than five feet above the ground. :jsm:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man, that is an awesome picture.
Going through similar stuff over here now. Still got about 1 foot of snow on the ground, which is now as hard as a rock. My dogs are walking on top of the layer of snow...not even making a dent in it. Fortunately I cleared my driveway while it was still a wet slush.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
more on the way....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No kidding. Nothing has changed to the previous stuff : it sure looks cute but let's not be deceived. The person who drives their car into the fluffy pile of snow will need to visit a body shop. That stuff is hard as a rock. Some of these piles now have a blue hue, pure ice. Tomorrow night we've got another foot of snow in the forecast.
Temperatures this morning were 0F/-18C. My female dog nearly got glued to the ice when she squatted down and peed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts