MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to nec to look at the new bikes and heres what i thought of them the new fireblade is ugly the zx10 is cheap and nasty the new gixxer 6 n 750 are very nice and small also liked the hannspree paint job on the cbr 6 the ktm rc 8 will probably grow on me some nice touches to it but very cheap plastic f/guard n hugger , i liked the 1098r ducati looked very nice indeed as did the 848, also liked the bmw hp2 race rep , wouldnt mind a ride on that! skidmarx are doing mv replacement road fairings and screen for £395 and seat unit for £125 + race fairings and lots of various parts for mvs , look at their website ! also saw xbikes race mv on display.........well sort of , on the speedycom stand, it was hid in a corner and you could only see the rear of the bike has the front was covered in boxes and rubbish, and this was the only mv there , not very good is it. but i did manage to pick up a couple of xbikes posters for me garage, there was a few bargains to be had on the stalls but overall i thought it was a very poor affair, the suzuki stand was the best in show with a vast array of bikes from mgp to moto cross :jsm:

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yes, a few of my mates went along on Friday and they said it was a poor show. Did you get a look at the Ducati RR ?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did and thought it was lovely!!!!! but an mv it aint lol there was also a good 1098 on the speedycom stand and i had me piccy taken on rutters north west 2oo race bike!!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Yes, a few of my mates went along on Friday and they said it was a poor show. Did you get a look at the Ducati RR ?
I looked at the 1098R.......where do they get the £24000 price tag from? it certainly isn't £10000 more bike than a 1098S, it even has plastic fairings still.
I didn't like the kTM, odd because I like Superdukes, the BMW had some trick bits on it, the Desmosedici was VERY poorly finished-read shite, which I thought a great shame, I liked the Translogic dash on the Harris bikes and at only just over £400 would certainly update the MV.
I did manage to take my old Corsair to the Arai race truck though, they fitted a new neck piece FOC as early Corsais had 'dry cool' lining that went very scruffy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that was very good of em!! i too wasnt impresed with the desmocidici although i think the ktm might grow onme but.............................

·
Registered
49 Posts
Overall I enjoyed the show,:) though was disappointed with the little support from the Italian mob, No MV's nor Aprilia stands for another year! was surprised at the price reduction for the Benelli Tornado a brand new Italian sports bike for less than 7 grand! with all the early faults ironed out, originally on sale for nearly 12 grand, :mouthwate nice!
Pedrosa's Honda Moto GP was stunning, Stoner's Ducati was tacky in comparison, wasn't really impressed with the finish on the Desmo RR, though you are getting a lot of serious kit for your money. There was an excellent stunt display worth seeing (behind the big black screens) & did you notice the Buell course? where you could ride their bikes around an obstacle course, that was cool. I'd had my eye on some new riding gear at a local store for 2008 & was pleased to be able to purchase some great bargains at the show, I've never been to Milan or Tokyo or any other international show, so cannot compare though expect greater support there from the Italians, is there any particular reason why they don't display in the UK?

·
Registered
576 Posts
First I have heard the Desmosedici wasn't jaw dropping gorgeous and impeccable. Here in the States that is the word at the shows. They are also noting, as observed at the NEC, how impressive the HP2 Sport is in person.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
sfarson said:
They are also noting, as observed at the NEC, how impressive the HP2 Sport is in person.
Yes, looking forward to seeing one of those in the flesh :smoking:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cthanks for the link mike , couple of things about the bmw tho, firstly it is a very tall bike!! so no good for us shorties, i actually sat on it and could just tippytoe touch!! also the front light looks like its off a suzuki k1-3 suzuki, and lastly the price £14500!!!! for a bike i dont think will be able to cut it with the lastest crop of twins never mind the fours , 1st test in mcn next week ..........

·
Registered
520 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I looked at the 1098R.......where do they get the £24000 price tag from? it certainly isn't £10000 more bike than a 1098S, it even has plastic fairings still.
I didn't like the kTM, odd because I like Superdukes, the BMW had some trick bits on it, the Desmosedici was VERY poorly finished-read shite, which I thought a great shame, I liked the Translogic dash on the Harris bikes and at only just over £400 would certainly update the MV.
I did manage to take my old Corsair to the Arai race truck though, they fitted a new neck piece FOC as early Corsais had 'dry cool' lining that went very scruffy
drool drool, I like that dash Mike!.....now, where is my wallet?!

Thought the show was ok...had the family in tow though so the little ones lost interest after two minutes! To be fair they sat on more bikes than me, and we were there for the whole day!

I actually liked the KTM but suspect it won't wear very well after serious abuse! The Duke stand was impressive, but kind of what I expected. (I agree with all comments on the Desmodici - the panel fit was apalling - not what I would expect IF I was going to spend £42k!!!)
but the Benelli stand was a real surprise and I had a good mooch around that. Nothing else really rang my bell.

Gave the Triumph guys hell for not producing a 1050 version of the 675!
Stubborn sods said the 675 was good enough for most!!! Cheeky gits need to talk to a few more customers. Mind you, because they didn't produce a 1050 version, resulted in me joining MV so result whatever!!

I like the aftermarket stalls best so came away with new set of Arlen Ness leathers and gloves. Also I had a mould of my ear holes taken for personal fit ear plugs with speakers (Chrissy Pressie!), whilst the kids watched Charlie Boorman in Q of Sport!

Finished off by taking kids to the Wall of Death which completely blew them out. Seen it loads times, but never fails to impress!
I never expected to see MV at the show so wasn't disapointed.
All in all I thought it was a good day.
Tont

·
Registered
520 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I liked the Translogic dash on the Harris bikes and at only just over £400 would certainly update the MV.

not a very good cut and paste....but it gives the general idea...
This unit gives great info:...

General RPM with numeric indication
Speed indication - user defined MPH or KMH
Gear selection indication
Neutral position
Battery voltage
High beam indication
Ultra-bright 7 LED shiftlight array - full or half brightness
Temperature - user defined centigrade or fahrenheit
Distance - total distance
Trip distance
Low fuel indication - user defined
2 input channels - ideal for indicators left & right
Backlighting for night use - user defined red or blue
Clarex Anti-glare window
Billet aluminium construction
Manual lap-timer (100 laps memory)

.......I've almost convinced myself!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I think even at this age, the F4 is a very hard act to follow or beat. A colleague of mine visted his local italian motorcycle dealer recently and they were all there, Ducati, Bimota, Benelli and of course MV. He said, the MV was still the best looking bike in the house!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
devilboy said:
cthanks for the link mike , couple of things about the bmw tho, firstly it is a very tall bike!! so no good for us shorties, i actually sat on it and could just tippytoe touch!! also the front light looks like its off a suzuki k1-3 suzuki, and lastly the price £14500!!!! for a bike i dont think will be able to cut it with the lastest crop of twins never mind the fours , 1st test in mcn next week ..........
LOL

BMW beats Ducati 1098, Aprilia...

And that's the TWO valver before all the weight reduction!

·
Registered
576 Posts
emmvee said:
LOL

BMW beats Ducati 1098, Aprilia...

And that's the TWO valver before all the weight reduction!
Know the racer (Brad Hendry) referred to in the link well. He regularly beat a horde of Duc Superbikes, Aprilia Milles, and such in the local MRA GTO Supertwins series, doing it on a BMW R1200S. By the end of the season he came in second. He demonstrated the BMW R1200S is nothing to sneeze at, but mostly he demonstrated the pilot aboard the bike matters greatly... he was on a heavier, lower HP bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts