MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the process of installing my Corse Titanium exhaust and ran into a snag. The two main mounts holding the cat are ones I have never seen before. I'm really tired and frustrated so taking a break.

I looks like an allen bolt with some type of threaded flat washer? I'm turning and things just spin and not coming off! :wtf: I think I need to grab the flat washer with vise grips or wrench and then loosen the bolt? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man the diagram is so small I can't see the detail. I can see that it's a Special Screw....meaning "Don't tamper with this shit!" I have no idea to get the circlip off because there is no room to insert any type of tool. Sucker looks really thick too! Oh God why didn't they just use a nut and bolt? I could have been done by now and tucked in bed sleeping! I may just have to drill the bolt out of saw it off. Man this is not fun. PITA! Thanks for trying to help though.

Have a look at the diagram and you will see how it is attached at the side of the cat with a circlip etc.[/quote]

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
while holding the outer part ,unscrew the middle nut anticlockwise if i rember well,not 100 percent sure on which way

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys my bolt was not like this. It was more like a nail - no thread. There was a tiny circlip on the tip of it. I tried to take it off but no way to get to it. I just force the bolt out w/ a large screw driver. I already threw them away so no pictures. Did I tell you California has he strictest emissions laws on the planet? Thanks for all your suggestions. Got the exhaust on. See updated pics on my Surging post. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
22,492 Posts
Cali may have the strictest laws, but all bikes imported to the US are 50 state compliant.

·
Registered
14,533 Posts
Cali may have the strictest laws, but all bikes imported to the US are 50 state compliant.
and we NEVER get inspected either
no MOT, TÜV, smog tests, noise tests.......on bikes

NOTHING:drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

newer cars get smog tested

in a car, you want to run a blown nitrous motor on the street????
how about straight methanol, blown with the squeeze???? just have enough fuel to get home:naughty:

totally legal

Bob's 126 cuin Harley, bored, stroked, turboed, intercooled, water alcohol injected Road Toad doesn't even have a muffler.....:naughty:
and it makes boost at idle:drummer:

it weighs 800lbs+.....and will light the back tire up at 90MPH in 6th,
if he tightens the waste gate, it'll make 350-360HP.....it won't live very long......its a dinosaur

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/turbo/hdturboright4.jpg

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts

·
Registered
14,533 Posts
ethanol?

well, California may have started the canisters......

but we had nothing to do with

ETHANOL in the gas

thank the corn holers for that:stickpoke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts