MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if any of the owners out there that have had both bikes, how different they really are and what there opinions are of both.
I have had my 2011 F4 for about a year and a half and love it.(had no problems either lol, except the dash which was fixed quickly under warranty Thanks trooper Lus)
Have read they have more torque down low then the newer Corsa corta engine ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
312rr

I had a 312RR before and like this one way more in everyway.
Fuelling, heat, and general ride ability all seem much improved too me

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Though peak performance figures don't tell the whole story by any means, comparing MV's specs suggests the MY10 makes more torque and a higher top speed, but the MY13 makes higher bhp.

Si

·
Registered
96 Posts
The engine characteristics are somewhat different. The MY10 has a bit more grunt at low rews. The factory has compensated for this by shortening the gears in the new models. This is the reason for the difference in the officially stated top speeds. The CorsaCorta hits the rew limiter at about 300km/h. As the MY10 has reached about 305 km/h in various tests, I am pretty sure you could get the CorsaCorta to run a bit faster by changing the sprockets. The factory has prioritized acceleration instead of top speed.
Having owned them both I would say the MY10 is a bit more flexible for everyday use, while the CorsaCorta is geared more for trackday use.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i'd love to ride both, interesting post PePe.... i rode the 312rr and then the 2010 and went with the my10 because i felt it was better in almost every way.... the 312rr seemed to have a little more down low (but it also had an arrow exhaust)

from what i've seen on the new dyno sheets for the F4rr it looks to have less torque down low.... but makes up for it big time in the top end, with more HP and a very impressive looking spread of toqrue

i would also like to really get to ride a my10 with a full exhaust and tune, systems like the bodis and arrow etc claim to give u close to 10bhp which would put it a lot closer to the peak power of the new bike but with even better torque...... would like to try both options before i decide weather to put an exhaust on mine or upgrade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts