MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found the answer to my own question.

Sport Rider's MY10 review says that Normal mode just limits BHP when the throttle is opened less that 1/4 of its travel.

I went for a ride last night, switching from Sport to Normal for the first time and to be honest, I prefer it. It's so much easier to ride around town, with no need to slip the clutch or be completely precise with the throttle to prevent snatchiness. And when it's wound open out of town there's no apparent noticeable difference to Sport mode. (Though I'm still breaking it in, so not going above 8k rpm.)

Si

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
In the tuning day thread they commented that the fuel tables were the same between S and N, and that the variation was in the ignition timing. Depending on what they have done, one would expect that the response to inputs would be tamed down.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes mine seems to change easily, and other times not.

What seems to work is I press the starter once to make the S flash, wait a second then press it again to change mode. It'll keep flashing for a couple of seconds and then stop on the alternate setting. Engine has to be running and clutch has to be pulled in.

Si

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
And when it's wound open out of town there's no apparent noticeable difference to Sport mode. (Though I'm still breaking it in, so not going above 8k rpm.)

Si
How do you do 'wide open' Si, and not go over 8k ? Come on man, wait till you've finished running the thing in, go for a track day or on a road where you can actualy test "sport mode".
Sport mode is not for doodling around town guys, just think about it for a moment.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
There is a huge difference from normal to sport. Donsy is right under 8rpm is not wide open. I take mine to the rev limit and she is a beast in sport mode. In normal mode it's like a slow duck compared to sport.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the my10 F4 and have never bothered changing out of sport mode. Really the bikes justnot that hard to ride around town, just pick a gear where your at about 4k and its fine

·
Registered
48 Posts
The same, never taken it off Sports Mode or set traction control (Set to 3). Even Trooper Lou's set it from pickup on day one. Mind you , doesn't help test riding Justins race bike just before it hit the track with full RG4. Wow....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys, just been reading your threads, getting to learn so much, my 13 F4 has been set on S since day one, tho mine also has an R mode as well, was shown when I bought it that it had 4 modes in the new ones C,N,S & R and was told the first three is all depending on the throttle n how much u give her, n if u full throttle it pretty much cancels them out, but R is a total different animal cuz it also has to do with the electronic part of the suspension,

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
317 Posts
After 11,000km, I tried mine in "normal" and I will never go back to sport mode. The bike is much, much smoother, all the fuelling issues that I always complained about are gone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts