MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the reason why after a thousand kms of installing a Full Exhaust System on MY10 Brutales the bike shuts off all the time due the irregular idle rpm when the bike is started ??
Happened to several bikes here ... :ahhh:
Thanks for your help or advise guys!
:yo:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello Korea: Two questions.

1. Did the new exhaust system come with a new ECU?

2. If yes, a new ECU was supplied, was the new ECU electronically reset to recognize the TPS position on this bike?

Best wishes,
Dick

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup it came with a new ECU and reset to recognize the TPS position..
But the RPM idling becomes a bit irregular after +/-1000kms from the intalation of the full system :(..

4cases now :(

Thanks a lot for your interest!!:yo:

Hello Korea: Two questions.

1. Did the new exhaust system come with a new ECU?

2. If yes, a new ECU was supplied, was the new ECU electronically reset to recognize the TPS position on this bike?

Best wishes,
Dick

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is off topic but i was at your shop about a month ago:yo:.. nice place btw.. good luck with your issue

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Hi Korea,

Is there enough slack on the throttle cables, so they don't pull on the butterfly valves permanently?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Also I am not sure but I think there is a secondary air port that has a valve on it. When installing the full system, it needs to be blocked off. The full exhaust should have come with a blank. Sometimes it is left out. I have heard that just flipping the valve around does the same thing.

Then again, I may be totally wrong! :) Just going from memory here sorry!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Also I am not sure but I think there is a secondary air port that has a valve on it. When installing the full system, it needs to be blocked off. The full exhaust should have come with a blank. Sometimes it is left out. I have heard that just flipping the valve around does the same thing.

Then again, I may be totally wrong! :) Just going from memory here sorry!
Cazadore has it right. Exhaust should come with 2 plastic caps and one rubber plug. Their for blocking-off the Secondary Air System (SAS). The Rubber Plug goes on the bottom of the AirBox to block the line to the SAS, the Plastic Caps snap onto the Valve Cover, blocking-off the other two lines from the SAS. I chose to then remove the SAS Valve completely, and cap off the wirering to it.
Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but mine runs very well after the install. No Problems.

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
bump the idle speed to ~1250rpm, with the race ECU my 910R's idle wanders if i just barely turn the throttle it smooths out.....never dies though
i don't think the map goes under 1200rpm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts