MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned in the another thread. She's a writer and this appeared in a Dutch motorcycle magazine in january this year.

Magical Baptism by fire at Maximum Velocity

The first time I saw an MV Agusta F4-1000 in real life, was when the person who used to be my boyfriend, and nowadays is my husband, parked it in front of the apartment building I lived in at that specific moment in time. I wasn’t the only one gaping at the scene enfolding in front of my eyes with my head stretched out far over the balcony’s banister. My neighbour one floor down from me, a greying grandpa and MV-adorer of the first hour, went absolutely lyrical over the appearance of such a motorcycle. At each and every encounter in corridor or hallway that followed, his eyes would begin to twinkle spontaneously when cheerily greeting us. Of course I, contrary to the focal point of attention of my neighbour, found the man on the machine much more interesting. But I could not deny that the speed monster had it’s very own appeal and the sight of my sweetheart stepping of the streamlined vehicle with a nifty sway of his leg, is clearly imprinted in my mind. I could forget about climbing on the back of it for a test drive, though. First I needed have the proper attire available to me. No risk would be taken.

It took me several weeks, but finally I had gathered myself a suitable kit. The moment of truth had arrived. At long last I would be allowed to place myself behind my favourite rider. Just the fact that he insisted I’d hold on very tight to him, made me glow with glee. That it wasn’t just a call for physical attention, but assuredly a safety-precaution, became very very clear the nanosecond he tore off out of the very first bend we met after having warmed up the engine. If my motorcyclist rode very fast? Never faster than the bike can go, as he always proclaims with a wickedly naughty look on his face. And I held on for dear life. Because my life did indeed depend on the firmness of my grasp. Each time the next gear was so much as briefly touched, the projectile shot forward as if exiting a canon being fired. If I had held on just gradually less well, I would have been propelled 80 yards backwards, my vivid imagination told me without exaggerating an inch. What a beast of a motorcycle! It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again. When getting off the bike at the end of those first stretches of road, I bravely tried to hide my legs being somewhat wobbly. It’s no small matter, such a ride.

Ocassionally I’m asked whether I don’t get scared when clinging on to my love on the back of the MV. I tell everybody enclined to ask me thus that my only real fear is of obtaining a terrible cramp in my jaws. I can’t help it: there is this grin that stretches itself from ear to ear, each single moment of every ride. Folks; what a life!

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's nice of you guy's :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Nice write up :)
But.... hmmm..... where's that part about the ditch? :confused:

:flickoff: :flickoff: :tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

(j/k ;) )

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MV-999R said:
Nice write up :)
But.... hmmm..... where's that part about the ditch? :confused:

:flickoff: :flickoff: :tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

(j/k ;) )
She wrote more columns ;) maybe that one can pass over here one day :loser:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MV Blackie said:
voor mij hoef je ze niet te vertalen hoor :naughty:

nice reading indeed :yo:
Dan niet haha:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Motor.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
What a piece of writing. You are lucky to have a wife that appreciates such entertainment and enthusiasm in such a sport & fast life. Enjoy every day of it :)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx all. And yes I'm lucky with my wife and bike. Btw: she insisted buying this bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts