MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, according to EPT it says "pregnant". But being two weeks "late" was a strong hint.

My wife and I were married in June 2006 but this is kind of a shock. It's our first child.

I guess it's good I got the F4 when I did or I'd be stuck in with my old 999 for years.. Alas, I guess I'm going to have to cancell that order for the F4CC. ;) Seriously, this is brought up a whole bunch of questions - do I keep riding? What happens if I'm in a accident? Should I sell my car? Should I sell the bike and keep my car...naw. :) But I guess the 1098 is going to be out. :(

Any advice for the new father to be? :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
First off CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming addition.
Did you say sell the bike? The answer should be hell no!
Im not sure what kind of rider you are, but you may want to practice a little restraint.....
and get as much riding in as you can NOW, cause when the baby arrives......
Anywho, Congratulations again, enjoy this time with your wife, i think you will find it can be as special for you as it is for her.

Oh yeah one piece of advice, PATIENCE will become the word of the day for you.
Enjoy
Chris

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Life insurance. That's the employee benefit I keep declining saying, I don't need no stinking life insurance. :) Well, times have changed.

I don't ride hard. Mostly canyon riding to work with little traffic. So I don't plan on giving it up (might as well put a gun to my head and pull the trigger) :) ....but it's one of those thought fatherhood put into you.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Allan congrats on the forthcoming new arrival. Loads of people will give you loads of well meaning advice. :jsm: My simple suggestion to you is to chill out, enjoy the whole experience of becoming a parent, keep your bikes and just continue with your life as before. It's no good worring about what may happen, just paint the spare bedroom blue or pink or whatever, look after your wife, buy her some roses or whatever and like I said chill out mate. :)By the way, my controversial take on life insurance is that its a total waste of money, but thats just me! :koolaid:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Congrats!! did you know that your life will change forever?

ok, I know you knew that and have heard that before, but what people forget to tell you is that it will change for the BETTER.

As far as riding, although I have battled with traffic on road bikes for years, I only started riding motorcycle AFTER we had our son Julian, he was 1 & 1/2. So to ride or not, it's a decision that you will have to make for yourself through some serious soul searching... good luck.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Well, according to EPT it says "pregnant". But being two weeks "late" was a strong hint.
Any advice for the new father to be? :(
as your resident pediatrician...
let me say, "congratulations!"

your life is ready to change in ways you can't imagine
this will be the most joyous time in your life... and the most frustrating.

things that seemed important to you 10 minutes ago... will pale in comparison to those that will be in the next couple of months.... and decades

embrace what will be the most important thing the 2 of you do....

i'm looking forward to folllowing along with you in this pregnancy
if there is anything i can do for you 2... just let me know

how wonderful you life was.....
how much more amazing it will soon be

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
nice work bro way to knock one out of the park . another MV fan will be born in 10 months. life ins . life ins . life ins . u cant change who u are , ull grow to resent them if u do , but u have to be fair in ur time . best of luck

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Run.

Okay, I'm kidding...Congratulations, Allan...Better pick out a username and avatar before all the good ones are gone!

A very close frind of mine once gave me some priceless advice, "Play by the rules", he said. If you are into skydiving, wear a parachute and take classes. Rock climbing, use a rope, harness, and all of the latest safety equipment. If you drive, wear your seatbelt and be aware. Etc, etc., etc. He was referencing the way I approach streetbikes, at the time. I wear leathers, ride in the morning and not on Friday nights, took the safety class, practice on my dirtbike, stay fresh by riding every weekend, etc. Play by the rules, to me, says do all of the things in life that keep you alive, but use your brain about it. There are many fathers (and mothers) on this board and in the community that ride.

The day you stop doing the things that keep you alive, is the day you stop living.

Enjoy your journey.

Alvin, do we have .net shirts in toddler sizes???

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am a recent 1st time father (17 day old baby boy) and I can tell you that you are going to be missing on some serious sleep. I manage to get 8 hours of sleep.... over a 3 day period. LOL!!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Congrats! And keep the bike. I became father a few months ago and I really don't see reason not riding the MV. My wife even insists I do, and if she can she jumps onto the back!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Cool Allan, congrats.

Would be nice to see you and the wife if an MV track ride in L.A. becomes reality in the next few months or so. I haven't met your wife so that would be nice.

Make Gibbs Jr. #1 priority, then try to make everything else work out. Bikes should be able to fit into that life. And if they don't, it'll be you wanting to make a change, not because you need to.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Congratulations, get as much sleep as you in the months you have.

Your life is about to change big time :) :nutkick:

·
Registered
236 Posts
First of all congratulations!!! I just experienced the same thing. It is a wonderful experience, my son is 3 1/2 months old and and all of what the others have said is exactly true! Fortunately for me I have always had strange sleep habits, 4-6 hours per night and almost never continious. So the sleep part was the least of my worries. If you can operate on very little sleep with breaks between you will have no problem adjusting to that aspect, if not, instead of resting up for the next ~8 months, I would probably start a gradual conditioning program. Post your phone number and someone who has a newborn will call when he/she wakes up and we can get you on the schedule immediately!!!! Just kidding!!! There are other areas where you will just have to get used to a few changes, but they are all worth it and if you try to stay active and never use the baby as an excuse why you can't do things as a family, vacations, excercise, things you do as a couple now, just take him/her along and it will all work itself out.

As far as the bikes, I so no to getting rid of your interests, unless it makes better financial sense to do so. As much as I adore my son I still have to have an escape and my wife has been very supportive of that fact.

As far as the ins etc, you will be the one who knows the best thing for your family and everyone has different needs.

The only advice that I will offer regarding the pregnancy is do NOT find out the sex of the baby. Most people cannot do this in todays world of information and I will tell you the most exciting 30 seconds of my life is when he hit this world and I ad no idea!

Good luck, there are lots of exciting challenging days ahead!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Congratulations! I`m half way through my 18th year of fatherhood and it never gets old looking at the world through new eyes. :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts