MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I went for a bit of a ride yesterday and this is how it went;

Left home from Paraburdoo (Pilbara) in Western Australia at about 10.30am and rode 80k's to a mates house in Tom Price. He has a really cool looking Triumph Thruxton, we then went around to another mates house to pick him up. He has a BMW K1200 LT, man what a machine, my other mate reckons it is like something out of Battlestar Galacticer. It has all the gear, 6 stacker CD player, electric window, surround sound, electric centre stand, the freakin list just goes on and on. We had to laugh at one stage because when he pulled up next to us he had that track from the chopper scene out of Apocalypse Now the movie playing flat out. Anyway we fueled up and headed out for a place called Oski Roadhouse. We stopped along the way and took a few photos which you can see when you click on the link below. The trip took us around the outside of the Karijini National park which is beautiful. We went past MT Bruce which you will see in one of the photos, MT Bruce is the second tallest Mountain in Western Australia and it is quite a site. We then went through Munjina george, that is fantasic very picturesque and a couple of nice twisty bits as you come over the hill. After that we we headed to Oski Roadhouse for a re-fuel and a bit of lunch. A german tourist came over and started taking to us, he was with his wife and he was telling us that he used to race bikes in Germany. We ended up talking to him for about half an hour about bikes, he loved the Brutale, the people you meet eh! After lunch we headed back for Tom Price trading positions as we went, I made sure the Brutale stayed in front where it belonged. My mate riding the Thruxton was cruising on about 150k's when I went flying past him. He told me later that it sounded like a swarm of hornets when I went past him. Every time we stopped both my mates headed straight for the Brutale to tell me how beautiful my bike was, made me feel good all day. the biike was brilliant the whole day, it did not miss a beat and the weather was perfect as you can see in the photos. We got back to Tom Price at about 3.00pm and I fueled up, we stood there together talking about how fantastic the ride was (about 400k's all up) and how we can't understand why some people don't like bikes (loosers). We said our goodbyes and I headed home. Once home I showered put my feet up with a nice clod beer and thought about the day.

Unreal..... I will be doing the same ride in two weeks :smoking:

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/aussiemv_01

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Brilliant report. I can just imagine how great it was!

There's a problem with the link though...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sventekoz said:
Brilliant report. I can just imagine how great it was!

There's a problem with the link though...
Thanks John, whats wrong with the link it works for me, but if anyone else has any problems the pictures are in my album in the sub folder.

Cheers..

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Aussie MV said:
Thanks John, whats wrong with the link it works for me, but if anyone else has any problems the pictures are in my album in the sub folder.

Cheers..
I think it's because you're linking to your own area, which allows you to edit, rather than the pix themselves. I get a message that I'm not allowed to change things - which is fair enough! :)

I'm pretty sure that this link will work:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sventekoz said:
I think it's because you're linking to your own area, which allows you to edit, rather than the pix themselves. I get a message that I'm not allowed to change things - which is fair enough! :)

I'm pretty sure that this link will work:

Thanks John, I just can't get my shit together with the photos on this forum.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
You should consider a SmugMug account - Spalding12 put me onto it. Very easy to use, and very easy to include links in your posts...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sventekoz said:
You should consider a SmugMug account - Spalding12 put me onto it. Very easy to use, and very easy to include links in your posts...
No worries, will do, I have used your link in my post so everyone should be able to see the pictures through my post.

Thanks John

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
No wuckers! :)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Looks like an awesome ride up there AussieMV.

There is a thread Alvin(admin) started,its for scenic places you have taken your MV.
If you find it post those pics mate,it'll blow the guy/gals in the rest of the world away.
FOUND IT go to "media' and its under "show your MV in scenic places"

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ozboy said:
Looks like an awesome ride up there AussieMV.

There is a thread Alvin(admin) started,its for scenic places you have taken your MV.
If you find it post those pics mate,it'll blow the guy/gals in the rest of the world away.
FOUND IT go to "media' and its under "show your MV in scenic places"

No worries Ozboy I will, and thanks.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Wow what a great ride. I had a k1200lt and a goldwing after that. Nothing beats those two bikes if you want real long distance touring.

Always amazed at the interesting names of some of the oz places like "tom Price" that's the actual name of the town?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
zvez said:
Always amazed at the interesting names of some of the oz places like "tom Price" that's the actual name of the town?
It's actually Mount Tom Price - which is a description of the geography rather than an instruction! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts