MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i painted my rear hugger red, white, and green, pretty funny actually and went on some twistys today and almost got rid of all my chicken strips. I promise to get rid of them next time i ride. Bike felt too soft and harsh at the same time, maybe i adjust the suspension too soft, but how come it is still very hard over bad surfaces. Anybody has a setting adjustment recommendation??? I keep bouncy on top of the seat on bad roads and im almost at the softest setting.

·
Registered
762 Posts
johnsk6 said:
ok, i painted my rear hugger red, white, and green, pretty funny actually and went on some twistys today and almost got rid of all my chicken strips. I promise to get rid of them next time i ride. Bike felt too soft and harsh at the same time, maybe i adjust the suspension too soft, but how come it is still very hard over bad surfaces. Anybody has a setting adjustment recommendation??? I keep bouncy on top of the seat on bad roads and im almost at the softest setting.
Adjust preload.

·
Registered
24 Posts
you should have painted the rear hugger red white and green that way the red would have been on the left side where you see it the most.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Is your rear shock adjustable for high and low speed compression damping? (I don't know about the "S", the "R" has both adjustments). If so, your high speed compression damping may need adjustment. High speed damping comes into play over a sharp hit, like a square edge bump. It refers to the speed of the shock compressing, not how fast the bike is going.

If the bike feels soft and harsh at the same time it seems like there may be an imbalance between high and low speed damping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts