1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Pretty cool Randy, tell you what, I'd love to be a resident in your town one day.
The curse of having being to your part of the world, is that for the rest of our lives, Liesl and I only ever want to return.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty cool Randy, tell you what, I'd love to be a resident in your town one day.
The curse of having being to your part of the world, is that for the rest of our lives, Liesl and I only ever want to return.

All you need to know when immigrating to Bubbaville:

1. We drive on the "right" side of the road.
2. Winter happens during winter months......same for summer.
3. We have "buds", not "mates".
4. We're wired at 110, not 220.....( professional advice).
5. Football is played with a funny shaped ball, and you've got to profess undying loyalty to the team of your choice.
6. We don't give a daham how they do things back in Michigan, or New Jersey.
7. We really appreciate pretty women. (You've got that one covered)

And finally.........we wear our shorts just about knee length.

Get all that down, and you're good to go. :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess if you have to live in Georgia, may as well live in your city??? :stickpoke
Jeff.....we have two things in Bubbaville with which you are not familiar.....

1. Hills
2. Four seasons :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember the four seasons... really not crazy about two of those.

yes hills and curvy roads are nice, when not covered in ice... lol :)
Which two Jeff? We have 45 days of really crappy weather in the summer (90 degrees, 85% humidity) and 45 days of really crappy weather in the winter (rare but occasional 20's, which is tolerable, but the 35 degree rainy weeks really suck). The rest of the time, our weather is great.

I've been thinking about this one Jeff.......we have the occasional bad tornado, but no hurricanes. I'm not sure which one is more scary. You're almost guaranteed a monster hurricane every 40-50 years (Andrew?), and we had a damaging tornado come within 4 miles of my home about 25 years ago. Both pretty much suck.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
It is a nice town - very friendly people as I recall. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts