MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was driving as normal. Suddenly cam the red exclamation point on the dash and on the right site a yellow light check (motor) as well the TC was off and I could not getting on again. see the attached picture.

After I turned the Bike off and on again everything was normal.

Has anybody got this issue does anybody knows what it is?

A bit frustrating after just 350 km....

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did you see any other messages? I had this in traffic a few weeks ago, temperature gauge about two thirds as yours was, same warning light and TC off, went away after 15 minutes. Later, again in traffic, same warning plus clutch switch error message. Didn't clear until I stopped and switched engine off for a while.
My dealer could see the clutch switch error in the fault log, but not showing a current error. They arranged to replace the clutch switch anyway, had to wait a couple of weeks for a newer version to be ordered in.
Does this only show up when the bike is hot?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was today the first time.. and it was not so warm here around 8-10 C°.
No there was no other message..
The Motor temp was like it shows in the pic.I was driving in the traffic...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah that's the same symptoms as I had when the clutch switch was playing up, it may clear itself when you get moving and the bikes temp drops back to normal, new clutch switch should solve the problem never been a problem since getting it replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the same problem for my tv800, hot in traffic, waiting to replace clutch switch. I think they should place a recall, did you pay for the solution?

·
Registered
431 Posts
No it's a warranty claim mate your dealer should sort you out, a recall as far as ok now will only get implemented if there is a safety risk.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank for the replay. I have to see the dealer definitely. Will give him an ring this morning.
Losing the trust in that motorbike when this will happen again and again...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't worry about it too much, if it is the clutch switch it doesn't stop the bike working or cause any other problems. The only issue it caused for me was the bike wouldn't start in gear with the clutch pulled in. I don't normally do that, but when this first happened I was in heavy traffic in central London, riding in company with my son on his bike. He just said to me he had never stalled his bike in traffic, which of course meant I did that a few minutes later. Then the bike wouldn't re-start, did absolutely nothing when I pressed the starter switch. Had to paddle the bike into the centre of the road, when I'd found neutral it was all OK, but I did panic thinking the bike was totally dead with an electrical fault.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same thing happen to me also. Worse case scenario, the quick shifter will not work.
Quick fix = Turn bike off, take out key, put key back in, problem gone (for now)

Definitely contact your dealer because this seems to be a common issue now.
I'm in San Diego, CA and with just over 2k miles on my bike the error popped up.
I've put another 1k miles since then and just got the Clutch Switch replaced a couple weeks ago.
No more issues (Apart from my tail light rattling)

Not trying to promote my motovlog, but here is an example what happen to the tail light

https://youtu.be/mkINuwR9Xbw?t=6m43s

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Bori.. I have seen that before... You're a funny guy but you have to come down when you on the motorbike otherwise you will get a heart attack. :))))

I went today to the dealer an guess it was the Clutch Switch... what a surprise :)
My dealer put one in order.. so at my 1000km inspection it get fixed..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts