MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Shame your plates are so big, road traffic police must be really short sighted. Nice though.

Reactions: 312R Dan

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Shame your plates are so big, road traffic police must be really short sighted. Nice though.
Yeah, a real pain in the butt. Many will put 'show plates' of a smaller size on their bike, but many get fines and/or points on licence if caught. Users' risk though. In some areas of UK, there is no problem with police - in fact in my area in the West Midlands there's hardly any police presence!:)

Our standard 'legal' size is 9" x 7". I highlight 'legal' because it confuses some. There is no statutory size for a number plate, BUT the characters on the plate must be 64mm tall and 44mm wide with the exception of the number 1 or letter I. That means most plates will have to equate to the 9" x 7" size.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, a real pain in the butt. Many will put 'show plates' of a smaller size on their bike, but many get fines and/or points on licence if caught. Users' risk though. In some areas of UK, there is no problem with police - in fact in my area in the West Midlands there's hardly any police presence!:)

Our standard 'legal' size is 9" x 7". I highlight 'legal' because it confuses some. There is no statutory size for a number plate, BUT the characters on the plate must be 64mm tall and 44mm wide with the exception of the number 1 or letter I. That means most plates will have to equate to the 9" x 7" size.
Spot on Nige, well said, thanks for explaining the legalities. (y) Having had fines in the past and the threat of losing plate and Q plate on the vehicle instead (significantly affects value of the vehicle if Q plated), from displaying smaller size and altered font/spacing of the plate in the past. I'm happy just to have it as a legitimate plate that anyone with interest in private plates and who knows what the bike is, will get it straight away ;)

Only had her a month and so many people come up to me and say "what is it mate". Ha ha. Those in the know, often wander over to me and say "nice bike mate, don't see many of them!" ;) (y) The plate is just a bit icing on this very delicious cake!!! :)

P.S where I live, is a boarder between 2 different forces (Essex and MET police) and both have a strong presence and traffic units regularly undertaking operations to nick people for anything they can. It's great when they stop people driving on the phone, drink/drug driving etc. But getting nicked for a number plate sucks!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
. . . Only had her a month and so many people come up to me and say "what is it mate". . .
Yep. This was recently covered in another thread.

Generally only the older generation or true enthusiasts who know of MV Agusta. Certainly more easily identified in the 'traditional' red/silver livery, I've had oldies approach me and want to reminisce about Ago and Phil Read!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts