MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked extremely hard to get this and had it 2 years now, bought with high miles and work to do to be able to afford, then re-mortgaged 18 months later and got my MV, recently, so as the motors go, without winning the lotto, I'm pretty complete in the garage department now ;) (y)
05112019259.jpg
05112019260.jpg
05112019262.jpg
05112019263.jpg
05112019264.jpg
05112019268.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you a doctor, or just coincidence of your registration district?:)
My initials dude. I bought a plate I had on my first car and my GSXR, but had to change the layout to make it read my full name(initial and surname), using a number 2 as the R. But I got tugged by an overzealous jobs worth, so can't display it properly anymore, I've just got one for the bike, can't wait to show that one, I'm very pleased with myself for the idea I had for the bike plate ;) (y) :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
My initials dude. I bought a plate I had on my first car and my GSXR, but had to change the layout to make it read my full name(initial and surname), using a number 2 as the R. But I got tugged by an overzealous jobs worth, so can't display it properly anymore, I've just got one for the bike, can't wait to show that one, I'm very pleased with myself for the idea I had for the bike plate ;) (y) :D
So what is the bike plate?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, that can only mean you haven't finalised it yet and don't want any UK number plate fetish guy like myself snaffling it!!:)
Nope Nige, it's paid for and on paper, (y) just needs sending off with V5 to go on the bike and change over the insurance etc. I think the photograph will do it far more justice than me just posting the text. To see it on the bike will have the best "impact".... I hope! ;) To be fair, I did have a list of about 9 variations of plate to put on it. I ended up going for the most expensive and most generic in order to retain the value in the plate in future. Some of the options for your interest (fetish) were DR09 MVF, DR09 MVA, MV09 BYE, MV09 OFF, MY09 MVA, MY09 MVF and MV09 DMR.

I think I chose wisely with what I opted for in the end, but there were plenty cheaper and good options, so I wasn't short of choice! ;) Might wait until next month to print it and pay the insurance admin fee's as I'm still spending money like mad, fitting Powerflex bushes on the Jag front suspension links tomorrow, that's going to be a LONG day and the bits already cost a small fortune. But if I can earn a few quidd this month i'll get it done ASAP! ;)

Do you have any private plates Nige, anything on the MV? If not, some options available as above ;) (y)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bleedin' heck, Dan. You opened the door there:ROFLMAO::
Jesus wept Nige!!!! Ha ha ha. Kin love that lot mate!!! Fantastic!!!! Now I know "fetish" wasn't an exaggeration!!!! You don't have a signature with bikes on it, so have you still got all or some of these bikes and/or plates? That's a bloody fine collection mate, nice one!!! (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
. . . have you still got all or some of these bikes and/or plates? . . .
I used to run a signature, but as my collection grew I felt a bit embarrassed that it might look a bit like bragging. I think it might look a bit unfair to those who have scraped for years to get one good bike and then they read my sig.

Anyway, I have all those bikes except the 2004 Blade, (R31 HON). I traded that bike as deposit on the new RR-R SP on which I will put my R31 HRC plate. The R31 HON is now on my 'daily ride' CBR500R. The 'R31' has no significance other than it had a good range of configurations available, and the 'R' figures in both the MV and Honda designations.

Just to finish off, I also have my 1985 siblings:love:. [Kept original plates on those for authenticity]:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I used to run a signature, but as my collection grew I felt a bit embarrassed that it might look a bit like bragging. I think it might look a bit unfair to those who have scraped for years to get one good bike and then they read my sig.

Anyway, I have all those bikes except the 2004 Blade, (R31 HON). I traded that bike as deposit on the new RR-R SP on which I will put my R31 HRC plate. The R31 HON is now on my 'daily ride' CBR500R. The 'R31' has no significance other than it had a good range of configurations available, and the 'R' figures in both the MV and Honda designations.

Just to finish off, I also have my 1985 siblings:love:. [Kept original plates on those for authenticity]:
Fair cop mate, but good luck to ya, something to be proud of, no room for jealousy in the world!!! That lot is awesome!

I see it as if you (someone) has nice stuff and work for it, you deserve it. If you're privileged and have nice things, then you're lucky and as long as you are a decent human, you still deserve it. What matters is who you are and how you treat people and that reply tells me everything I need to know. Sound like a gent and I for one am pleased for you and mighty impressed with that collection.

Love the lot of them.

I am one of those who has worked and scraped to get my dream bike FYI. Proud of it too!! (y)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Love it Nigel. I had to show my wife to prove that I don't have a problem buying too many bikes ( as she says):) Good numberplate. Like your style even if you have too many Hondas:ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
19,861 Posts
Love it Nigel. I had to show my wife to prove that I don't have a problem buying too many bikes ( as she says):) Good numberplate. Like your style even if you have too many Hondas:ROFLMAO:
You do know the mathematical equation that explains how many motorcycles one should have?? X=C+1
Where X is the number of bikes one SHOULD own and C is the number currently owned.

Here's my plate:
MV Tag 003.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You do know the mathematical equation that explains how many motorcycles one should have?? X=C+1
Where X is the number of bikes one SHOULD own and C is the number currently owned.

Here's my plate:
Nice, that explains the user name ;) Very polite biker plate too, when weaving through traffic ;) (y) Love it. Not sure how the maths works, but I can think of at least +5! :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just
Looks good Dan, although it would be faster with two number plate screws of the same colour.

Sorry, but that the OCD coming out!!:)
re-used what was on the old plate, I'll be changing them, don't worry!!! ;) (y)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts