MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Just a couple of notes on this process.
It's a magnesium swing arm so apply grease to the area I have circled and also to any metal threads being screwed into this little beauty.
Also, you'll maybe be aware that the OEM chain guide is a little too large to slide into the place shown by the arrow. You can remove a small section from the OEM chain guide to allow it to fit. From memory I removed about 7 mm along the back of the OEM chain guide. Just do it a bit at a time.
MV did make one for the magnesium swing arm but they are very rare. Pretty sure that the part number for that would be 800092652.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers castle but I'll be asking a mechanicy type person to fit it as that's a step too far for me and I don't have the roof to support it the only question I have is do I paint it so as to continue with my veltro rep or do I go in a different direction so all can see the goodies

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
That would be your call, Sir.
I think the only advice I would have is try and visualise the bike as completed and make your decision for colour based on that vision.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Agree. I got lucky with mine.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
as far as color for swingarm if you're lucky and have a friend that is decent with photoshop software he/she may be able to change color with a picture to help you visualize. On another note when Chuck & i replace my swingarm we didnt have to remove the side plates just loosen them up quite a bit and squeezed the bugger in there. If i remember correctly Joe, Alex(Russia), & Castle(through skype) helped with my process. thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts