MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everybody wants to see the 1098 in person here are a few shots I took. It was difficult to get full shots with so many people around the bike. You couldn't sit on it, so that will have to wait until they are in the dealer shows.

Here is the sprocket, looks like a cast piece which probably reflects the cost savings measures.

Other side...

A peek under the skirt...

The rest are similar to the publicity shots.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some other images:

1951 Vincent White Shadow

A Black Shadow

A cool Moto Guzzi

A Ducati Single

The business end of a land speed record holder. Custom built 3 liter V4.

Engine Info

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the wonderful pics Rob !!

What did you think of the 1098 in person?

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jsdp said:
Thanks for the wonderful pics Rob !!

What did you think of the 1098 in person?
Honestly, I wasn't blown away. Too me the bike looks very "Japanese" moreso in person. I don't doubt the bike will put up really good performance numbers, but compared to the MV it takes second place in the looks dept. Build quality looks pretty good and it doesn't look horrible from any angle, but it just doesn't have that something special quality. I think those who have money down won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Those Vincents look nice. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Guys,

To me it looks like a $15K motorcycle. I'm sure it is nice and runs real fast and smooth, BUT it ain't NO MV.

Sorry I've been so quiet lately...been real preoccupied with work, and setting up and learning a new computer system. Went from PC to Apple.

Peter

A

·
0 Posts
peter
compliments to you for joining the right side of the computer world
once you go mac you will never go back
best computers in the world

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
exactly....it's intuitive you won't have any problems...unless you run microsoft products :laughing: as a matter of fact, you should be done with your learning curve by now. :nerd:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Guys,

I'm not that fast BUT willing to learn. Friggin head cold sucs, though, and can't see straight, breath, let alone concentrate to learn anything yet...

Peter

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's with the thread jacking :blah:

As I sit here rebooting my entire computer :banghead: I wish I could run the engineering applications on a mac (I know virtual pc, or the new mac OS) :lightning Did I mention I hate computers :piss:

·
2,156 Posts
thanks for the pics R; :from what i have seen the new Duc looks like Dr Ducstenstein has been visiting the Japanese wreckers (bits of everything :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: ) or had to much :friday:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting comments! One of my buddies who owns a 999 said it looked to Japanese also. However it’s the Japanese bikes which look like the Ducati 916, especially the R-1. After all we all know who designed the 916 in the first place and we have him to thank for the current beautiful MV Agusta’s.
One another note a friend of mine at the show said the F-4 was worth the extra money just for the exhaust pipes alone! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts