MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I am all too excited about my recently acquired Brutale 1090RR, but when my wife said that it looked a bit plain I saw this as a open door to go nuts

I spent 4 days tearing the bike apart on a less than two weeks old purchase, shopping and fitting various mods and I clocked around 10-12 hours each day that resulted on bad back pain, shoulder ache and generally piss poor mental state that resulted in pissed off wife and kids... No good... I can get really obsessed when I started something thus ignoring those around me and my oen well being. So I decided to ask for help from a local friendly shop to tackle all the heavy lifting under my direction and by the end of the big job to leave me with some homework that I can enjoy doing on a relaxed Sunday morning.

So here we go!! Let the thread begin!!

PS: apology in advance if I do something stupid on this thread. This will be my first build thread ever in my life. Been on various bikes and cars since forever but never bothered to do a build thread before.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got an offer for a pair of brand new Borrani Milano spoked wheels at the price too hard to pass. So I told the shop I will take it as long as the spoke can be painted red.... He ended up painting the spokes with candy tone transparent red. Looking perfect, from a distance it 100% looks like an anodized finish.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted something truly unique for this bike. This bike is so exotic like an Italian work of art, so I wanted to do something that has never been done before.

Originally I contemplated about fitting OEM undertail muffler from a 2014 F4 (the square pipe one), off course it will only looks natural if I also custom make a rear panel molded from super sexy looking original F4 tail with modifications to fit 1090 subframe. I managed to acquire the muffler and a fiberglass F4 tail, then I asked my childhood buddy who is an expert on high quality carbon fiber custom panel (he is so good BMW Indonesia use him for custom carbon fiber job). He enthusiastically​ said yes but needed 6-8 weeks to do a proper job because it will be a total mess to do and he wanted to do a perfect job for his portfolio. Since this bike is still too new for me, I decided to fabricate something easier for the time being so I can enjoy my bike quicker and do the custom F4 rear end later.

So I ended up buying two sets of HP Corse Hydroform muffler for Z800 and decided to make a custom stacked dual muffler. I think this will be the first ever on a 1090RR..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to admit I stole some idea off the internet for the color theme. But off course I put a lot of personal touch to the design. Please excuse the bad pictures, it was dark. I will post better pictures after it's done.

The color scheme is still on mockup stage using vinyl wrapping and printed sticker. Once the design is final it will go for a proper repaint.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Watching this thread closely as considering purchasing the exact same bike and I know I will be in the same situation, wanting to add a few extras..!

Good luck mate. Looking good so far.

Reactions: uwiik

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am also looking forward to the final take on this bike. the spoked wheels looks good, silver or red.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Watching this thread closely as considering purchasing the exact same bike and I know I will be in the same situation, wanting to add a few extras..!

Good luck mate. Looking good so far.
When you look for one, just make sure your speedo display is still nice and bright. Seems to be a common issue when the bike exposed to lots of sunlight. Mine needs LCD reconditioning (LCD looking very dim) with 6000km on the clock. Also try to look for a bike that does not have idle hunting problem, seems very common also, although not harmful but it's annoying. Otherwise​ it's a beast!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am also looking forward to the final take on this bike. the spoked wheels looks good, silver or red.
The color theme is going to be dark grey/black/matt carbon-red dominant, so eventually I don't want any silver/polished/chrome color anywhere on the bike.

Initially I wanted a Kineo wheel but after seeing the Borrani wheels in person suddenly Kineo does not looks nice anymore to my eyes.

I got the Borrani at an insanely low price, lower than Europe's RRP, lemme know if I can help fellow member here to get one, the local dealer seems to have a few and stuck with it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick question to anyone watching.. i also got an offer too hard to pass on a tamburini rearsets. Any experience with one? I originally wanted a Sato Racing rearsets but the shop have a last stock of Tamburini and once again, he wanted to sell it cheap cheap cheap... The shop is focusing on Ducati and Japs toys right right now so he is getting rid of many MV stuffs.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Really enjoying your extreme approach - keep up the great work. i'm close to finalising the single hydroform as I wanted to show more of the rear wheel. Spoke wheels on a B4 !! go for it !

cheers

·
Registered
925 Posts
When you look for one, just make sure your speedo display is still nice and bright. Seems to be a common issue when the bike exposed to lots of sunlight. Mine needs LCD reconditioning (LCD looking very dim) with 6000km on the clock. Also try to look for a bike that does not have idle hunting problem, seems very common also, although not harmful but it's annoying. Otherwise​ it's a beast!!

Thanks for the advice. Both of the issues you mention seem to be ok on the bike i am looking at.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really enjoying your extreme approach - keep up the great work. i'm close to finalising the single hydroform as I wanted to show more of the rear wheel. Spoke wheels on a B4 !! go for it !

cheers
Thanks for the encouragement!! I will keep everyone updated with the progress...I contemplated doing what you did with your hydroform with normal low slung mounting, but I never fancy low slung muffler placement. I arranged the placement on mine to look as sexy as possible, kinda like a nice, round and firm hot woman's ass...

Got into a little hiccup today, the exhaust guy once again let me down, the bike has been in his shop since Monday for custom midpipe, I got a bit mad yesterday for he has not touch a single bolt from Monday-Wednesday effectively just letting by bike sitting collecting dust....he made a promise it will be done today (Thursday) and off course it's not done today... Tomorrow will be the last day before I run out of patience, if it's not done by tomorrow I will just pull out the bike and take my welder and grinder outta storage and go back to being a caveman for this weekend. The old saying is always right, do it yourself if you want it right...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice. Both of the issues you mention seem to be ok on the bike i am looking at.
Then what are you waiting for ?? *LOL*
We only live once right?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Better picture of the vinyl wrap as promised

·
Super Moderator
22,718 Posts
I applaud your effort to create something different and striking.

I might suggest the "less-is-more" approach on certain design element lest you cross the garish line.

Shrinking the size of the front fender decal a bit and reducing the size of the Volt Championship decal might go along way in making the design less busy.

It is a difficult balance when enthusiasm is involved.

Reactions: Dimlyb

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I might suggest the "less-is-more" approach on certain design element lest you cross the garish line.

Shrinking the size of the front fender decal a bit and reducing the size of the Volt Championship decal might go along way in making the design less busy.

Thanks for the encouragement !
You hit the nail right on the head!!! Yeah I thought I wanna do something different than the norm but those two decals kinda made things a bit too crowded. Lucky it's still a mockup. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
560 Posts
Looks great....I dont think you can go wrong with Tamburini rearsets if you get a deal on them

·
Registered
925 Posts
Then what are you waiting for ?? *LOL*
We only live once right?

The deal is done! she will be with me in a couple of weeks (As we are both travelling)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks great....I dont think you can go wrong with Tamburini rearsets if you get a deal on them
It looks good for sure, but I am not too sure about the footpegs, the knurling seems to be on the blunt side I am afraid it's gonna be slippery like the stock one. I also have my eyes on a Sato racing rearsets, if I am not mistaken Sato racing also comes with the brake/shifter lever included unlike Tamburini.

Opinion please

1 - 20 of 45 Posts