MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the RG3 what else is out there? I know that 312 and 1000R exhaust is different. You can get slip ons for the 1000R but not for the 312.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
DM1 said:
Other than the RG3 what else is out there? I know that 312 and 1000R exhaust is different. You can get slip ons for the 1000R but not for the 312.
Hmmm.... not exactly.
You can get slip ons for the 312R as well. The problem is the "midpipe" (ex midpipe) is now welded to the headers and has the lambda sensor in it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MV-999R said:
Hmmm.... not exactly.
You can get slip ons for the 312R as well. The problem is the "midpipe" (ex midpipe) is now welded to the headers and has the lambda sensor in it.
You have to get the FULL system for the 312. I contacted Ferracci and they can sell me the full system with carbon slip ons. I will have to send them the ECU so they can reprogram it. But do I have any other options? I will use the bike mostly on the street so I'm looking more for sound rather than performance. Bike is fast enough.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The easiest and less expensive way is to get the full TI system with the racing ECU.
Ohh man, you have to be in balance with the other sound apparatus in your garage. :loser:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
There is a thread here on exhaust options and Tom posted all the available systems (with pics)...I just did a quick search for it but couldn't find it...I'm sure Tom knows where it is and will post the link for you when he see's this thread.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The F4 slip-ons are all interchangeable. If that's all you're looking for, no problem. If you want to alter the fueling, you will need the RG3 ECU, as it disables the lambda sensor. If you get the header and cateless midpipe, fitted with RG3 slipons, the RG3 ECU should be mapped properly. Any other combination you'd probably need to get a Powercommander and have it custom mapped for your setup for best running.

I'm running the RG3s with the RG3 ECU, but the stock one-piece header with cat. It's pretty good, but I expect I'd gain a little above 10,000 rpm with either a custom map to match that or the proper header to match the existing map.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts