MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I followed a link to this site sent to me by Samson, the great fellow at Pro Italia that sold me the most wonderful item I have ever owned...An MV Agusta Tamburini.

The link led to two pages of photos of the bike I bought (good job by the way, I hope you don't mind if I grab all and put into my IPhoto)

Anyway, I've spent the past four hours wandering around the site and just read the forum posting about reg and posting...so I decide to do both. Great site, great passion and a whole bunch of smart folks, a tad obsessed, but definitely smart. Part of what I have always loved about these bikes is the design, attention to detail, the smoothness (both the ride and appearance) and the total art & intelligence that surrounds the entire MV culture. This site AND the Tamburini reflects all of those attributes.

The bike has turned me into a drooling idiot though, I find myself staring at it for hours. It also inspires me as I drool.

The ride...equally inspiring and geez, what can I say, perfect.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
DB,

Welcome to mvagusta.net. We are definately all obsessed :)

Will await to approve your registry submission! Congrats on the best purchase in your life :guitarist

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
welcome to the MVAA... I was the guy that took the pictures @ pro Italia just a few days before you bought it... you are lucky because I was going to come back that same afternoon to buy it with a bag of cash but the armor truck I was going to hit didn't show up :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway, that is one sexy bike... the only thing was that I didn't like the dark windscreen that was on it though... are you going to get a new plate on the yoke with your name on it?

Just noticed in your profile that you were in the music business too... also you live just a few miles up La Cienega from me.

All joking aside, very nice to have you here!

DB Graves said:
Hello:

I followed a link to this site sent to me by Samson, the great fellow at Pro Italia that sold me the most wonderful item I have ever owned...An MV Agusta Tamburini.

The link led to two pages of photos of the bike I bought (good job by the way, I hope you don't mind if I grab all and put into my IPhoto)

Anyway, I've spent the past four hours wandering around the site and just read the forum posting about reg and posting...so I decide to do both. Great site, great passion and a whole bunch of smart folks, a tad obsessed, but definitely smart. Part of what I have always loved about these bikes is the design, attention to detail, the smoothness (both the ride and appearance) and the total art & intelligence that surrounds the entire MV culture. This site AND the Tamburini reflects all of those attributes.

The bike has turned me into a drooling idiot though, I find myself staring at it for hours. It also inspires me as I drool.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the site, we lookforward with great excitment for photos and ride report on your most excellent purchase!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
odonata said:
welcome to the MVAA... I was the guy that took the pictures @ pro Italia just a few days before you bought it... you are lucky because I was going to come back that same afternoon to buy it with a bag of cash but the armor truck I was going to hit didn't show up :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway, that is one sexy bike... the only thing was that I didn't like the dark windscreen that was on it though... are you going to get a new plate on the yoke with your name on it?

Just noticed in your profile that you were in the music business too... also you live just a few miles up La Cienega from me.

All joking aside, very nice to have you here!
Thanks O...The dark windscreen is going to find it's way into a nice plastic bag and the orig will go back on the bike (just picked it up) Yes, not too far from C City at all. I have been asking about a new yoke plate, seems I'm on my own...so off to the neighborhood jeweler. The plate comes out, so I will have the back engraved or new plate made, it's about the size of your little finger you know.

Thanks to you as well A01.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi DB, welcome to mvagusta.net you lucky person. I love my F4 but Tambo's are just sooooo nice. Look forward to seeing some pics of the beast.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on a very drool worthy bike :smoking: Normally I don't like the tinted screen but on the Tambo, it looks not too bad at all.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
awesome machine!

about that smoked windscreen...
who makes it?
i think i'm going to change out the stock one - especially for track days. the optical distortion of the stock screen is so bad that it's like i'm trippin' on acid when i'm looking through it. not a big deal when i'm on the couch, but at a buck-fifty in a turn i've already got my hands full. i don't need visions!

alex

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
altoon said:
about that smoked windscreen...
who makes it?
i think i'm going to change out the stock one - especially for track days. the optical distortion of the stock screen is so bad that it's like i'm trippin' on acid when i'm looking through it. not a big deal when i'm on the couch, but at a buck-fifty in a turn i've already got my hands full. i don't need visions!

alex
Not sure Alex...the bike didn't come with any data on the screen. Try Pro Italia, as I'm pretty sure they installed it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DB Graves said:
Hello:

Welcome !!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome aboard! That is definitely an outstanding ride. Now stop hanging out here and get back to drooling... :lickout:

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Went to the dealer last week and they are still waiting on the Ti mid-pipe. They have been told that it is actually now in the US (they were waiting for it from Italy). I hope to get some news today. When I was there they had taken the fairings off and were wiring up the alarm. They had also installed the PirateLair clear turn signals and the Ti windscreen. I have to say the turn signals and the windscreen looked trick...much better than I had expected. I will update folks as soon as I hear something.

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts