MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I early February I decided to get a new bike beside my 19 Brutale 800RR, my 15 RSV4 and my 09 Big Dog Pitbull.

There has been a nice test in German Motorrad and Australian AMCN from Alan Carhcart:

So the decision was made...
Moto Morini is a very small producer of motorcyles, I think today the staff is about 30 people.
Morini has a long history:

Gave a dealer in Bergamo a call, but he does not speak English and my Italian does not allow me to sign an Italian contract.

So the manufacturer Morini came in and they did all the paperwork and fitted a QS to my bike.
As I wanted to have a blue Milano they switched the bodywork of a registerd but not driven blue Milano to an red od that was unregisterd.

But then Corona came and I was waiting and was so happy to have the bike in Germany late March.

I was treated so well by Morini and the dealer from Bergamo - I have no words for that, just excellent customer support.
Unfortunately I never made that experience with MV :rolleyes:.

Building qualitiy is superior to MV. You have:
MUPO DLC fork, fully machined triple trees
MUPO rear shock
Nicely welded frame and linkage
Forged wheels
Brembo brakes with M50 and Brembo radial pump (not the Nissin crap)
Brembo clutch pump
Mirrors and indicators Rizoma
Exhaust made my Arrow
And even a Li-Ion battery

At the moment I breaking in the bike.
What I can say by now:
It handles even better than my Brutale 800RR
Suspension is perfect out of the box, MUPO says it all
(in my Brutale 800RR I had to get a Wilbers rear shock and Adreani cartridges to have it performing I wanted it)

I cannot tell about top end power, but I fell in love with that V2.
No hesitation, very smooth on the throttle (better than my 800RR)
Nice rumble even with Euro 4

But:
very small tank (14 litres they say from the factory, I did a little less than 6 litres/100km while breaking in)
gearbox pretty hard, I missed some gears before adjusting the lever to my needs

I attached some pics, enjoy ;)

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nice! Saw Morini at Three Cross Motorcycles in Southern England in 2006. Have hoped since that they would find a US importer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts