MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
You know he's :A tile short of a roof. One short of a six pack or A few slates adrift

Ian.... Did you get the English or Lincolnshire translation ?..

If you've ordered the original Lincolnshire copy, then you'll need a good translation dictionary reference book :)

·
Vendor
5,282 Posts
I just watched the DVD,"Closer to the Edge"on the weekend.It was great,when I see the book I will buy that too.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ian.... Did you get the English or Lincolnshire translation ?..

If you've ordered the original Lincolnshire copy, then you'll need a good translation dictionary reference book :)

Must be the English version John, I can read it. I have to really listen when he is being interviewed to understand what he is saying. Wouldn't mind having the original version though, might be fun to attempt to translate it. :smoking:

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Must be the English version John, I can read it. I have to really listen when he is being interviewed to understand what he is saying. Wouldn't mind having the original version though, might be fun to attempt to translate it. :smoking:
Ian... I was joking mate... There isn't a Lincolnshire version and it was my attempt at making fun at Guys regional accent..

Just image if he wrote a book in the same way he speaks in real life... You'd have to read each page 27 times before you had a clue what he was trying to say....

Try this one: " Aye… He might be daft as a boiled owl, but if he fell off Burton's, he'd land in a suit! " :)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Should have known John:)

So translate that little phrase, what does it mean?
Ian.,it translates.........'he may be as thick a brick...but if he fell into a bog he'd come out smelling of roses'.

Or ..,'he may not be the smartest...,but he gets the results'

It kinda reminds me of that old cartoon that used to be on...., "Catch the pigeon" ......when 'Klunk' used to say something undecipherable?..., and would always be asked ..."what did he say.., what did he say"????
http://youtu.be/Ucyng65R1sQ
Brian.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts