MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
might as well buy a f4, your half way there...
F4 ? Never again!..I love staring at my girl's (engine) bits !:stickpoke:jsm::smoking:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+10

Looks Bloody Great Mate, I would take a bit off that bellypan to show more of those awesome pipes, but hey, its your, and She looks stunning. Like a pretty girl sitting with her legs open :naughty:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Actually it looks great in the pics - but honestly they do it no justice, I saw in real life yesterday and it is jaw dropingly beautiful!! :yo:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My mistress is coming along nicely....

Spent today cleaning all the chain lube that has been spitting all over my bike due to my upper chain guard falling off 4 days after picking up the bike - why doesn't the factory use loctite??? (chain guard arrived today, almost four (4) months later, via a warranty claim, without the bolt and grommet/bushel to attach - excellent :stickpoke customer service !!!...:wtf::cry:)

Also I have noticed many threads on changing the mirrors so that visibility is better....

I actually like the original mirrors - except for the fact that you can ONLY see your elbows in the mirror....

So, after a couple of hours and some assistance from a very dear friend (you're a champion Spypyp!:)), we resolved the poor visibility issue!

Swap the starter button and the rhs mirror - it gives you an extra 15mm which now provides about 85% rear view - now at least I can see the left and right lanes and more behind me !!!

It's a little bit of a "pain in da ass" to remove and switch the starter button/mirror, but well worth the effort.

1. RHS Mirror - Loosen the mirror (all the way) and the starter button (only loosely), pull out the 'locater pins' with a plier, drill a new hole so that the starter button locater pin goes into the new hole and is flush with the handlebar, remove the mirror clamp and then slide the switch over. Then re-attach the mirror clamp and tighten up both. Presto ! :smoking:

2. LHS Mirror - similar to above and move it closer to the LHS of the handlebar.

I am working on a solution for the vibrating mirror...:idea:

I will post more pics once the rest of my parts arrive...:naughty: :mouthwate

Sorry about the quality of the pics - all my money is going to the bike, so my phone camera is a cheap $50 version...

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Glenn, Your bike is looking really nice. Innovative fix on the mirrors. Will contemplate doing same.
Have made some similar mods to my Brute. Could you let me know where you sourced the rim tapes?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Rim tape

I had a feeling the rim tape might cause a little excitement...:)

You can 'customise' the rim tape with anything you like, with different wheel sizes, widths and colours (reflective and standard).

I sent Certified Graphic Designs an email with a picture of my bellypan's "MV Agusta Corse" logo, and within two weeks, it arrived in Australia - now that's what I call service ! :yo:

I bought two sets, 'reflective' and 'standard' (paid about USD$40, $14.99 standard and $18.99 reflective plus shipping), both in a red colour - I applied the 'reflective' and it looks brilliant when the sun shines on it - or at night when cars headlamps hit the wheels...:mouthwate

Certified Graphic Designs on Ebay - Seller: cgd_graphics

http://stores.ebay.com.au/certifiedgraphicdesigns

(by the way, very easy to apply to the rims, BUT take your time to apply and I suggest following the instructions provided !)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had heavier weights installed at TrooperLu's, feels better now, less buzz (except at high revs when then there is no time to look in the mirror anyway) and looks good too.
Thanks Dimitri :yo:. I will try this when I receive my bar ends, but (on my bike) it seems to be the vibration of the glass mirror which gives this "buzzing sound"....working on a solution.....:smoking:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I had a feeling the rim tape might cause a little excitement...:)

You can 'customise' the rim tape with anything you like, with different wheel sizes, widths and colours (reflective and standard).

I sent Certified Graphic Designs an email with a picture of my bellypan's "MV Agusta Corse" logo, and within two weeks, it arrived in Australia - now that's what I call service ! :yo:

I bought two sets, 'reflective' and 'standard' (paid about USD$40, $14.99 standard and $18.99 reflective plus shipping), both in a red colour - I applied the 'reflective' and it looks brilliant when the sun shines on it - or at night when cars headlamps hit the wheels...:mouthwate

Certified Graphic Designs on Ebay - Seller: cgd_graphics

http://stores.ebay.com.au/certifiedgraphicdesigns

(by the way, very easy to apply to the rims, BUT take your time to apply and I suggest following the instructions provided !)
Thanks mate!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts