MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys...thought I should share this and post this up just for the heck of it.

I'm thinking of designing a new look for my MV F4, and if I like it...I might build a prototype and convert my 750 to my new design. So it will be one-of-a-kind MV :D :f4:

I just did a quick Photoshop Rendering (Drawing) of how it would look from the side view.

Let me know what you guys think, dislike, like, etc.. :stickpoke

**sorry if it's hard to understand...I'll build a 3D model later on and it will be easier to read**

Enjoy :drummer:

~Sergey~

P.S.. I did a little touch to the rim as well. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ ahaha thanks...
All comments are welcome...it's still a working progress :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
While i really like your thinking, I think you're biting off a SERIOUS amount of engineering and later an insurance / road worthy certificate nightmare.

Fairing changes aren't that big an issue - plus you can always change them back to stock for MOT/vehicle inspection.

Changes to the fuel tank will require re-certification of a very tightly controlled part and cost serious money. They're costly to make as it is. Proving a one off design is road safe and fit for use might be a massive task in itself.

Your exhaust system looks like it kicks exhaust out sideways -

- you'll have to look at how this influences the drag on the bike as it will be dumping hot expanding gas into the flow around the bike. (drastically changing the flow from the perfect 'tear drop shape')

- you'll have to look at how noisy it is and if it makes a mess of the exhaust flow from the engine. (this could lead to flow resonance/intake/exhaust problems)

Structural changes to the wheel are going to be a MAJOR design issue.

In short mate - while i like where you're heads at, unless you have a serious amount of cash and/or a bored team of designers with FEA and CFD on tap. Then you're looking at more than a quick 'new look project'.

But feel free to prove me wrong and i'll be the first to buy you a beer.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know about the swoopy line on the middle of the fairing but otherwise, I like it better than the 2010 F4.
THanks buddy. I don't like the line either...I will do some more versions today and I'll post them up.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I actually like it. A lot.
Stick with your vision, don't let others dilute it - otherwise you end up with a committee designing a camel instead of a horse.

Isn't it a lot of work to change the swing arm round to the other side? :nerd:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't it a lot of work to change the swing arm round to the other side? :nerd:
Ohh yeah..sorry guys...I just mirrored the image because it's easier for me to design when bike is facing "left"...no the swing arm will remain on the left side (as MV intended)..sorry for the glitch :smoking:

All comments are welcome...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm honoured you used my photo, can I have some credit in the final design please? :D A plaque on the bike will be fine haha.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm honoured you used my photo, can I have some credit in the final design please? :D A plaque on the bike will be fine haha.
heheh...:D I knew I got this photo from this Forum somewhere but I couldn't remember whose it was...(sorry about that) :spank:

Credit: **photo belongs to mu53wa** :D
^^I love this photo by the way^^ ;)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I love seeing people people experimenting - as long it's not on any of my bikes then it's cool :)

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Seems like quite a big job. As long as you are doing it just for fun and to suit your own personal taste and not for re-sale, then good luck with the whole project if you decide to embark on it.:yo:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
man looks awesome i like it alot

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I really like the 2nd and 3rd pics. I like the idea of the side fairings having those sort of creases in them :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts